• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Blog: Squeat Mungry

I'm kind of excited. Squeat seemed to have alot of fun with it so, here goes.

Wish me luck!

Good luck, Cusina, and thanks for a great blog, Squeat.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

Hey, Squeat --

Sorry you didn't wait around for a reply. I'm only in front of my computer all day long on weekdays, and check in sporadically on weekends. So imagine my delight when I got your PM, and then my chagrin to find that I'd been passed over. I'd be more than happy to blog for the masses. I'll even take (gulp) Thanksgiving week, if Cusina is inclined to pass the baton. Thanksgiving in Vermont!

Looking forward to a Wisconsin blog,

GG Mora

(I'm a she)

Edited by GG Mora (log)

Got your PM, and answered encouraging you to go ahead and blog anyway, but if Cusina is willing to pass the baton to you for Thanksgiving, I think that's a great idea -- and will ensure she doesn't have to worry about who's next!

What do people think?

Squeat

(About to go make French Toast in Magic Bags.)

Party pooper here! Two ways I eat now. I either make a giant pot of something or other and eat that every day until it's gone, sometimes twice a day, or I forrage in the cabinets. The other day, I had pao de queijo and dill gherkins for dinner. I am NOT a good candidate, trust me.

I vote for passing the baton to GG Mora for Thanksgiving week. Anybody that is willing to do that is tops in my book. :biggrin:

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

Party pooper here!  Two ways I eat now.  I either make a giant pot of something or other and eat that every day until it's gone, sometimes twice a day, or I forrage in the cabinets.  The other day, I had pao de queijo and dill gherkins for dinner.  I am NOT a good candidate, trust me.

Personally, I'd be fascinated to read a blog from someone who eats pao de queijo and gherkins for dinner! Are you Brazilian? Beats the pants off hot dogs for lunch and a dinner of nothing!

But I suppose we will have to be satisfied with your always welcome comments on others' blogs. Thanks for playing, NOT! (kidding!) :wink:

Squeat

:laugh:

Last night, actually, I had the pao de queijo without the gherkins. I think I need to see a doctor.

My ex is from Brasil. I'd say he taught me to do the pao, but he just sort of explained it, we got a recipe, and I made it like 20 times before coming up with my recipe. It's a large part of my budding business, so don't ask for the recipe!

Okay, I hope I'm not stepping on toes here, although Cusina seems to be more than holding her own in her blog. (Those brats sound awesome!) But misgabi did tell me in a PM that I had to continue to blog through the end of today. (Is this true, or is she trying to trick me?)

Anyway I have to tell you that I made French Toast with Acme ciabatta for brunch. I ate it topped with the apricot jam/orange marmalade mix. It was seriously good FT, and I made it in a cheapo toaster!

Those bags are sheer genius.

Loving my new toys,

Squeat

Edit: Left out a whole word!

Edited by Squeat Mungry (log)

But misgabi did tell me in a PM that I had to continue to blog through the end of today. (Is this true, or is she trying to trick me?)

Maybe I was just confused, what with the being a whole day ahead of nearly everyone else!! (Monday here folks :raz: )

The blog was excellent though - thanks :biggrin:

Just ignore the objections and tag! (That is what happened to me. I came into it kicking and screaming and then had a good time.)

yea, the taggee is supposed to object.

the rest of us like it all the better if so.

if you check the first few posts on my blog, you'll see me sulking royally.

it was okay though.

i didn't die from the experience. yet.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Squeat, I haven't posted yet, but I've read every word.  If I'm ever in San Francisco, I hope you give me a tour around the market and allow me to treat you to dinner.  You certainly deserve it.  Thank you for a wonderful blog.

Nolafoodie,

Thanks so much for the appreciative comment! And next time I'm in your wonderful city, I'd be grateful for any tips or tour you'd be willing to give, and likewise happy to treat for dinner!

Thanks to everyone for all the appreciation and enthusiasm you've shown. I honestly can't think of when I've had so much fun!

To wrap things up officially, the free-range veal has gone into the toaster over, having been thoroughly rubbed with minced garlic, dried marjoram, dried basil and S&P!

Thanks again all, and special thanks to misgabi for tagging me!

See 'ya round eGullet,

Squeat

Edit: typo

Edited by Squeat Mungry (log)