• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Food Blog: Squeat Mungry

You may have explained this before, but as a relative newcomer I'd have missed it...whence the handle "Squeat Mungry"? Sounds like a Dickens character. (I'm going to feel like such an ass if you tell me that it is...)

GG,

You're the second person to have guessed Dickens! But really the name is based on a childhood memory of my father imitating a "fast-talking New Yorker" saying, "Let's go eat, I'm hungry!"

As someone pointed out on another thread, it's the answer to the question, "Jeet yet?"

Cheers,

Squeat

Tuberose! My brother and sister-in-law try to keep a vase full of it whenever they can. It has a wonderful tropical scent that reminds me of my one and only trip to Hawai'i. It's heavenly. My local Costco started carrying it in their cut-flowers section but it usually sells out first.

And thanks for the interesting Foodblog! I am soooo jealous of your Farmer's Market and can't wait to see the rest of your list. Keep it coming!

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Echinops! That's it! Thanks.

Er, re the tuberose. Well, I thought I was being so clever. I had (note past tense) a smallish crystal vase in my bathroom with a hole in the side that let me hang it on the wall beside my sink. I cut off the budding tuberose to fit and put them in. Overnight, they drank so much water and blossomed so much they pushed the vase out from the wall! I woke up to a beautifully fragrant mess of broken crystal and dying tuberose on the bathroom floor. Bah!

I'm here at work about to come out of my skin because I forgot I made coffee at home and got my customary iced coffee on the way in to work at Primo's (good coffee but no Graffeo)!

I'm definitely going to the Giuliani lecture tonight, so will have to work out an Oakland solution for dinner. I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,

Squeat

PS Yes, I do check eGullet more often now that I'm blogging. Thanks for all the positive response! (Makes me feel like Sally Field at the Oscars: "You love me! You really, really love me!")

I'm desolate about the tuberoses, and madly jealous of the variety of the floral offerings you have to choose from.

Apart from how interesting and how much fun your blog is, you gave me a Tah-Dah! I'm definitely going to try out your marmelade/apricot jam concoction.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

Okay, at least today's lunch is more respectable. I walked over to Ratto's deli in oldtown Oakland. This place is an old-fashioned Italian-style deli -- an institution that looks pretty much the way it must have when it opened in the 1890's, and they make some seriously good sandwiches! I'm sitting here at my desk munching on a hot (as in spicy) salami sandwich with mayo, dijon, provolone, pickles, lettuce and cucumbers on a round 'panini' roll. Yum! I also picked up some Arbequina olives from Spain because I think they'll go really well with the Bingham Hill Harvest Moon cheese from the FM. Of course I just realized I'll have to leave them in one of the office refrigerators overnight because of the lecture! Hope they're still there tomorrow.

Maggie, I'm sad about the flowers, but even sadder about the vase! It was an elegant little thing, with a curve that made it look kind of like a small crystal shofar. Oh well. I can't have nice things!!

Speaking of nice things, watch out for that marmalade-jam combo! That stuff is quite addictive!

More later,

Squeat

PS Just to namedrop -- chances are I'll actually get to meet Giuliani tonight. One of my best friends is the coordinator of the lecture series he's appearing in and more often than not we get invited backstage afterwards. So far I've met Lily Tomlin, Former US Ambassador to the UN Richard Holbrooke, and Bill Clinton among others. We actually 'worked' the Clinton gig at a special photo shoot where we ushered people into and out of the Presence. On my desk is a picture in which I look like a total alien and Ol' Bill looks like he's about to feel up my friend!

Edited for trying to type and eat at the same time.

Edited by Squeat Mungry (log)

I am so jealous of that farmers market - and the sheer variety of food you have available.

Yeah... Disgusting isn't it. Not necessarily typical of the rest of the US.

Farmer's market deprived Texan in the nation's fourth largest city. :wacko:

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

I was fotunate to see Giuliani speak at this event. It was about a year after September 11th and his speech was very moving. He spoke at length about that day and how he was able to rise to the occasion amid so much chaos and death. Unforgettable.

Let us know how it went.

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Okay, after the three cups of coffee from this morning wore off, I felt like an old rug. So I went and got an iced coffee from across the street. This was most unwise. Now I feel really weird, have gooseflesh and am sweating!

Ack.

Not sure about dinner yet. Might have to wait until after the lecture.

Squeat

Okay, after the three cups of coffee from this morning wore off, I felt like an old rug. So I went and got an iced coffee from across the street. This was most unwise. Now I feel really weird, have gooseflesh and am sweating!

Oh, yeah. Caffeine overload. When you can't decide whether to scream, puke, or just sit quietly while your brain short-circuits.

I was fotunate to see Giuliani speak at this event.  It was about a year after September 11th and his speech was very moving.  He spoke at length about that day and how he was able to rise to the occasion amid so much chaos and death.  Unforgettable.

Let us know how it went.

I find it amusing that people are so psyched about Rudy. But then, maybe I'm jaded. I got to hear him every day for 8+ years.

:laugh:

Squeat, I'm loving this. I want to hop on a plane and check out the market. Sorry about the vase. Maybe you can find a replacement in a material better suited to a bathroom.

Edited by bloviatrix (log)

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Okay, I am a complete failure as a food blogger. There was no dinner at all tonight! Nothing. Nada.

However, have typed up the next section of the Farmer's Market list, which will follow this post.

Sorry, folks. I suck.

Squeat

PS The Giuliani speech was by turns moving, inspiring and infuriating. No more politics in the blog. I promise to eat something tomorrow!

Ferry Plaza Farmer's Market Part IV

Ferry Plaza Seafood: (Now we're inside the Ferry Building itself, referred to as Market Hall, I believe. Unlike the farmer's stalls, these shops are open throughout the week during business hours. This is where Sur la Table is, too.)

Black Mussels

Littleneck Clams

Dungeness Crabmeat

Shrimpmeat

Pre-shucked Oysters

Bluenose Sea Bass $12.33/pound

Sterling Salmon

Mahi-Mahi

Monkfish

Northern Halibut

Rock Cod

Opah

Tilapia

Ling Cod

Tuna

Grouper

Swordfish

Sturgeon

Coho Salmon

(??? Sounds like "hombo". Sorry, I don't know much about fish! I wonder if this could have been "combo", but what the hell would that mean?)

(???"Dasah"? Codfish)

Trout (Me: "Some beautiful Trout!" They actually were very pretty.)

Catfish (For some reason I say, "...and just your normal Catfish.")

Scallops $16.68/pound

Rock Shrimp

Gulf Shrimp

Black Tiger Shrimp $8.60/pound (Me: "That's not bad!" How would I know? I don't even eat shrimp that often! I never buy it.)

Squid Steaks $6.53/pound

Monterey Squid (Me: "Those look good!" Gar. I don't eat squid usually either!)

Bay Scallops $6.53/pound

Dungeness Crab (whole)

Golden Gate Meat Company: (Apparently the Bluenose Sea Bass has inoculated me with the idea of trying to give prices when I can. It was seriously hard to see in this place, though, because by now the market was majorly crowded! I usually get there at 8:00 am and try to get the hell out as soon as I can. The hardships I endure for you people!)

Free-Range Natural Fulton Valley Whole Chickens $2.19/pound

Rosie Certified Organic Chickens $3.65/pound

Free-Range Natural Fulton Valley Bone-In Chicken Breasts $4.09/pound

Natural Boneless and Skinless Chicken Breasts $4.75/pound

All-Natural Guinea Fowl

California Squab

All-Natural Fresh Rabbit $5.79/pound

Muscovy Duck Legs $4.25/pound

All Natural Fresh Peking Duckling (Me: "I can't see the price on it.")

Free-Range Calf Liver

Certified Organic Beef New York Steaks (Me: "Those cuts are $17.95 a pound." I sound impressed!)

Certified Organic Rib-Eye Steaks (Me: "At 3 cents more apiece.")

Golden Gate Natural Beef New York Steak $14.98/pound

Golden Gate Natural Beef Filet Steak $26.70/pound

Natural Beef Tounge $5.29/pound

Certified Organic Beef Boneless Top Roast $3.98/pound

Golden Gate's Own Natural Duck Confit $9.98/pound

Mousse Foie Gras Tubes $28.25 each

(???something...forgive me, I'm an idiot; sounds like "fblghousin" de foie gras) $60 (I am really trying not to be an asshole at this point, folks. It was very crowded and I was trying to stay out of people's way!)

Golden Gate Natural Beef Chateaux Steak $12.98/pound

Meyer All-Natural Beef Bone-In New York Steak $13.98/pound

Meyer Rib-Eye $12.98/pound

Hanger Steak $7.98/pound

Beef Skirt Steak $9.98/pound

Beef Tri-Tip $10.99/pound

London Broil $5.29/pound

Tri-Tip Roast $6.59/pound

Beef Bones $1.85/pound

Flank Steak $9.99/pound

Ground Beef $3.98/pound

X-L Ground Beef $4.98/pound

Lamb Shoulder Chop $4.29/pound

Round Bone Lamb Chop $4.98/pound

All-Natural French Lamb Rack $18.59/pound

California Natural Lamb Leg $5.59/pound

Lamb Shanks $7.25/pound

Fresh Lamb Loin Chop $9.95/pound

Lollipop French Chops $14.69/pound

Loin T-Bone Veal Chop $8.79/pound

Organic Cooked (???Sounds like "diesel", I'm not kidding!) Turkey Breasts $10.98/pound

Cooked Roast Beef $7.98/pound

Mortadella $6.79/pound

Pastrami Brisket $8.98/pound

Natural Smoked Ham Shanks $3.39/pound

Pork Baby-Back Ribs $6.59/pound

Smoked Pork Chops $6.50/pound

Hobb's (??? sounds like "Buntnerfleisch"?) $25.96/pound

Hobb's Bresaola $19.98/pound

Genoa Salami $10.16/pound

Sopressata $10.75/pound

Natural Casing Liver Sausage $3.98/pound

Hobb's Wine-Cured Salami $7.98/pound

Hobb's (?"Salamette"?) Secchi $8.98/pound

Hobb's Mild Coppa $8.49/pound

Prosciutto di Parma (I say something here but really cannot even guess what.) $16.98/pound

Hobb's Prosciutto $14.98/pound

Serrano Ham $19.98/pound

Oven-Ready Honey-Cured Ham $6.39/pound

Nueske's Spiral-Sliced Bone-In Ham $8.19/pound

Hobb's Black Forest Ham $7.90/pound

Golden Gate Thick Applewood Bacon $4.50/pound

Nueske's Applewood Smoked Bacon $8.65/pound (I bought 1/2 pound of this.)

Nueske's Boneless Smoked Turkey Breast $12.25/pound

Hobb's Pancetta $8.98/pound

Andouille Schwartz Sausage $6.50/pound

Golden Gate Hot Italian Sausage (Me: "Good deal at $4.10")

Mild Italian Sausage $4.10/pound

Breakfast Link $4.10/pound

Golden Gate Range Chicken-Apple Breakfast Links $6.10/pound

Bockwurst Schwartz Sausage $4.49/pound

Smoked Bratwurst $4.49/pound

Golden Gate Housemade Pates $6.98/pound

Lamb Sausage $6.39/pound

Pork Sausage with Cheese and Peppers $6.39/pound

Chicken Tarragon Sausage $6.39/pound

Certified Organic (???Sounds like "Diesel" again) Turkey Franks $5.45/pound

All-Beef Skinless Natural Franks $4.95/pound

Garlic Cheese Bread $1.25 (individual portion)

Graisse de Canard/Glace de Canard (I get weird here trying to describe these reductions.)

Jerky

(In a serve-yourself standing cooler case:)

Prime Rib Roast

Scalloped Potatoes

Herbed Red Potatoes

Wieners

Summer Sausage

Ham Steaks

Prepared Pizza w/Salami(?), Tomatoes, Mozzarella, Black Olives $12.00

Lasagne (individual portion) $7.00

Potato Salad $3.00

Mediterranean Tapinade Salad $2.50

Natural Beef New York Steak Sandwich $12.00

Homemade Pot Pie $6.00

Organic Beef Chile $4.00

Beef Barley Soup $4.00

Chicken and Ribs Combo $7.50 (Me: "Looks pretty good!")

Edited for typos. There's no such thing as "lanb shoulder"!

Okay. Sorry for the disappointment last night. By the time I got home from the lecture it was after 11:00 pm. I just went straight to bed. Of course I then woke up at 3:00 in the morning. (I suffer occasionally from insomnia.) That's when I posted the next FM list installment. Whatever.

Today was really busy at work, but I managed to have a great lunch anyway, thanks to the East Bay Eats thread on the California board! My office only moved to downtown Oakland a few months ago, and my lunch options have been pretty limited, but from that thread I learned about Mi Casa, which I decided to try today.

This is some really good Mexican food, the best I've been able to find in downtown Oakland so far! It is in a kind of weird spot: you have to climb an odd staircase to get there. When I came in, there was absolutely no one there, except for a guy sitting at a table working on a laptop. Turns out he worked there. I asked if they were open, and he said yes, and handed me a menu. He even gave me chips and a delicious salsa while I waited!

I ordered a combo plate with a flauta, a cheese enchilada, refried beans and rice. The flauta was very flavorful, served with a very fresh-tasting salsa. The enchilada was quite good, too, in a nice chile-tomato sauce. The beans were well-seasoned and tasty, and the Mexican rice went perfectly with them. A surprise was a nice helping of really good guacamole, nicely seasoned with a taste of fresh lime juice.

I'm glad to have found this place. Since my office moved decent lunch choices have been limited. I'll be returning here frequently!

Dinner turned out quite nicely as well. I stopped at the produce store mentioned above on the way home and picked up some baby arugula and some pecans. When I got home, I tossed the pecans with some olive oil and roasted them in the toaster oven. Then I roasted what was left of the Nueske's applewood bacon, and meanwhile pulled the rest of the meat off the baby-back ribs from Sunday. I chopped the bacon, and tossed it with the arugula, toasted pecans, some Point Reyes blue cheese from the FM, the shredded ribmeat, shredded radicchio from the FM, and a diced Braeburn apple in a mustard/shallot vinaigrette I whipped up with some red wine vinegar. Pretty tasty! There's some left over, and that may be lunch tomorrow, though since it has already been tossed in the vinaigrette it may be too soggy. Might work as a sandwich filling on some ciabatta, though!

Cheers from a very tired Squeat

PS No Farmer's Market list tonight. I'm too tired. Will try to continue tomorrow!

Edited: Dumb typo.

It is in a kind of weird spot: you have to climb an odd staircase to get there. When I came in, there was absolutely no one there, except for a guy sitting at a table working on a laptop.

Great atmospheric writing Squeat---like the start of a modern-day John le Carre, but better---because it led to good food. It sounds as if you ate well today.

Sleep tight. We can wait for tomorrow's installment.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

Dinner sounded fabulous - and I am still in awe of that farmer's market.

I'm fairly sure we have nothing approaching good mexican here is Australia - especially not here in the country. The food you had for lunch, whilst relatively unknown sounds delicious - the only thing I could identify with was the guacamole which I make (and am about to have for dinner with nachos).

Hope you sleep well and look forward to tomorrow's installments.

Hmmm. 5:00 am and wide awake! That's not too bad, considering I went to bed at 10:30 last night. (This is the way my insomnia usually plays itself out. One night of really ridiculous wakefullness, followed by a few nights of adjusting back to a normal sleep schedule. Could be worse.)

I checked last night's porky-blue cheesy-salady thing, hoping to make a sandwich to take for lunch today, but the arugula had gotten too slimy from the dressing, so I tossed it. This is one of Squeat's dilemmas: he loves to cook, but lives alone, and at the same time hates to waste food! I've come up with a partial solution though: I went to Smart'n'Final (a local warehouse discount store with an inexplicable name) and bought 100 of those chinese restaurant-style take-out boxes. When I get the urge to cook up a big batch of something, I'll often pack it up and distribute it among my friends. They love it and it makes us all happy!

misgabi,

Another of the blessings of living in California is the mexican food! Oddly enough, this cuisine is regional even within California -- northern Cal mexican is quite different from southern Cal, and some things (like the San Francisco-style burrito, for example) are pretty much unknown in Mexico!

A flauta is also known as a "rolled taco". It's a corn tortilla stuffed with meat (often shredded chicken, like mine yesterday, but other traditional mexican meats, like carne asada (shredded grilled beef) or carnitas (shredded pork that has been crisped in its own fat) can be used as well. It's rolled up in a tube (I think "flauta" is Mexican Spanish for "flute"), then fried in oil until crispy. An enchilada is also a stuffed, rolled corn tortilla (mine yesterday was stuffed with cheese), but it is baked in sauce (traditionally chile-based, I think).

Since I have some time to kill before I have to get ready for work, I'm going to go work on the Farmer's Market list a bit.

Cheers,

Squeat

(??? Sounds like "hombo". Sorry, I don't know much about fish! I wonder if this could have been "combo", but what the hell would that mean?)

Could it be 'rombo' which is what the Italians call turbot? Just curious. (Rombo/turbot is a reasonably ugly flatfish with very tasty flesh.)

I visited SF earlier this year and just loved the Ferry Plaza Market. I still think about the little tub of Cowgirl Creamery Clabbered Cottage Cheese that I devoured while sitting on the curb in the spring sun. Yum.

Keep up the posts, it's been fun to read.

Edit: can't spell 'clabbered'.

Edited by slbunge (log)

Stephen Bunge

St Paul, MN

All I can say is this blog is making me soooo homesick . . . graffeo coffee, the market, acme, cowgirl creamery . . . NYC just can't compete with all that!! I seriously need to move back to SF. Thanks for reminding me . . .

Ferry Plaza Farmer's Market Part V

Scharffen Berger Chocolate Maker: (Still inside Market Hall.)

(Me: "They have all kinds of chocolate goodies!")

Chrystalized Ginger

Chocolate-Dipped Apricots

Gift Boxes

("Some very cute little baking utensils!")

Books on Chocolate

Chocolate Sauce

Ceramics (These were cookie jars, etc.)

(Me:"I see they're carrying Harold McGee's 'On Food and Cooking'! They've also got Brillat-Savarin (which I mispronounce).")

Postcards

Czar Nicolai Caviar:

(Me: "They have quite an impressive spread! They've got all kinds of fish roe!"

Ginger Whitefish

Truffled Tiger-Eye Whitefish

American Golden Caviar

Naturally Colored and Flavored Wasabi Whitefish

Deep Saffron Whitefish (Me: "...which looks great!")

(Me: "What is this last one here? I can't tell. [Trying to read the handwritten label:] It's ...something 'Trout'. 'Lonely Trout'? 'Barely Trout'?"

Shrimp Salad Sandwiches

Smoked Salmon Sandwiches w/Sweet Mustard Dill Sauce

Blini and Caviar (packaged together) 6 for $10, 3 for $6

Fall Vegetable and Sturgeon Soup $6

Miette Patisserie: (Organic)

Cakes and Tarts

Truffles

Pink Rose Cake (Me: "...which is just -- I can't even describe how cute that looks!")

Gingerbread Cupcakes

Brioche

Chocolate Old-Fashioned Cupcakes

Palmieres

Chocolate Tartlets

Croissants

Ciao Bella Gelato (Me: "Does not seem to be open yet." The Market Hall reopened in July, but the individual stores have been opening one by one since then.)

Acme Bread: (Me: "I'm gonna stop in at Acme Bread to get a ciabatta. Acme is just great! They've got everything.")

Herb Slab

Green Onion Slab

Spelt Flour Pain au Levain

Cranberry Walnut Bread

Pain de (??? sounds like "Metais"?)

Buckwheat Raisin (??? Same word.)

Olive Bread

Pumpkin Bread

(Me: "Where's my ciabatta? I hope they have it!")

Challah Rolls

Challah

Long Italian

Regular Italian

Sour Baguette

Sour Batard

Loaf Breads:

Whole Wheat

Seed

Herb Loaf

Pain de Mie

Sour Loaf

Sweet Loaof

Upstairs Bread

Pain au Levain

(Me (pouting): "I don't see my ciabatta!")

Apple Tart

(Me (joyful): "Okay, it looks like the ciabatta's in the oven and they're gonna get it for me right now! Excellent! It's piping hot right out of the oven! All right!!! Scored a ciabatta right out of the oven!!")

McEvoy Ranch: (Me: "They have legendary olive oil.")

2003 Release Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Pourers

Books

(Me: "They've got it all when it comes to Olive Oil! Ha ha ha ha!" Dork.)

Cowgirl Creamery: (Me: "Okay, I've scored my ciabatta, now I'm gonna count my money and see if I can afford any cheese at Cowgirl Creamery. This place is incredible, and the folks are the nicest folks around!")

Cave-Aged Gruyere $16.65/pound (Me: "I had some of that. It's delicious!")

Lincolnshire Poachery from Neal's Yard Dairy $21/pound

Neal's Yard Westcombe Cheddar $17/pound

Three Sisters Serena $14.50/pound (Me: "I wonder what that's like?"

Dry Jack from Bella Cheese Co. $15.95/pound

Neal's Yard Double Gloucester $20.65/pound

Winchester Cheese Company Medium-Aged Gouda $10.80/pound

Uplands Cheese Company Pleasant Ridge Reserve $27.85/pound

Grana Padano from Piemonte $13.50/pound

Bellwether Farms Carmody $12.65/pound

Shelburne Farms Cheddar $13.65/pound

Matos Cheese Factory St. George $13.75/pound

(Me: "They have something I can't pronounce... I don't know what it is, but it looks good!" "They have something else I can't pronounce that's right next to it.")

Gruyere from Roth Käse $16.70/pound

Morbier from Jean d'Alos $15.70/pound

Major Farms' Putney Tomme $22.45/pound

Jean d'Alos Mimolette $27.45/pound

Jean d'Alos Abbaye $22.20/pound

Tome de (?? sounds like "buDAH", unless I'm seriously mispronouncing "Bordeaux"!) $18.45/pound

Comté 2001 Reserve des Granges $25.35/pound

Comté (??garbled) $21.95/pound

Juniper Grove Tumalo Tomme $21.45/pound

Jean d'Alos Abbaye de (??garbled) $24.55/pound

Jean d'Alos Tome de (??mangled) $22.15/pound

Italian Ubriaco $20.65/pound

Cypress Grove Midnight Moon $18.65/pound

Sottocenere al Tartuffo (Me: "Which looks beautiful!")

(???Drowned out by a screaming child.)

Parmigiano-Reggiano

Pecorino

Major Farms Vermont Shepherd

Fiore Sardo from Sardinia

Garrotxa from Catalonia

Ardi-Gasna (?"Garazi") from France

Ram Hall Berkswell from Neal's Yard Dairy

Bittersweet Plantation Dairy (New Orleans) Fleur-de-Teche (Me: "Wow! I wonder what that's like?")

Fig and Almond Cake

Point Reyes Blue $13.95/pound

Neal's Yard Dairy Colston Bassett Stilton $19.50/pound

Great Hill Blue $20.55/pound

Neal's Yard Dairy Castle Blue $19.40/pound

Jean d'Alos Bleu de Gex $17.70

(??? Sounds like "Gamoneto". Me: "That's from somewhere in Spain. I never heard of that!") $22.85/pound

Bingham Hill Blue $20.00/pound

Jean d'Alos... (Another blue I can't pronounce.)

Gorgonzola Dolce $14.00/pound

Hudson Valley Camembert $8.65

Hudson Valley Mutton Button $4.65

Montenegro from Spain $19.90

(Another Jean d'Alos I completely mangle.)

Sally Jackson Goat Cheese wrapped in Grape Leaves $21.85 each

Shepherd's Wheel from Old Chatham Sheepherding Company (New York) $23.80/pound

Bingham Hill Harvest Moon

Acapella

Cowgirl Creamery Sir Francis Drake $18.60

CC Red Hawk Cheese

CC Piercepoint

CC Clabbered Cottage Cheese (Me: "...which is incredibly good!")

CC Fromage Blanc

CC Creme Fraiche

Redwood Hill Farms Yoghurt

Fresh Butter

Vermont Butter and Cheese

Salad

Nicoise Olives

Sundried Tomatoes

Green Olive Paste

Whew!