• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

On a Whim... What are you up to...

Al_Dente

Oh yes, I'll definately be going back there. Seems like a fine spot for after-work drinks in the Farragut West/Foggy Bottom area. Especially the Foggy Bottom end. Sometimes Lindy's or Froggy is what you want, but other times you want a drink in, you know, a glass instead of a bottle and unless I've overlooked something for an embarassingly long time, there's not many places around you can just walk into and get just that.

For now, though, I'm extremely tempted by the Straits of Malaysia....

Edited by Chef Shogun (log)

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

Oh yes, I'll definately be going back there.  Seems like a fine spot for after-work drinks in the Farragut West/Foggy Bottom area.

For now, though, I'm extremely tempted by the Straits of Malaysia....

Rocks is quite a marketer. :biggrin: I'm trying to put something together with a few friends for next Thursday (and hoping for nice weather).

Rocks is quite a marketer.  

Actually Rocks is allegedly involved in a "hype and dump manipulation" scheme. Apparently his goal is to drive everyone to one particular restaurant so that he can go to another one with less chance of being seen. The Restaurant Association and some whistle blowers are on the case now.

If found guilty, Mr. Rockwell could be sentenced to a minimum of three cases of Red Bicyclette Vin de Pays d'Oc Chardonnay and an overnight stay at one of the Four Stars McDonald's. :shock::shock:

Edited by morela (log)

Two things:

1. Thanks to everybody who replied to my Ray's posse-proposing. I definately want this to happen, but it's not going to be this weekend, or probably even next. I'm thinking sometime after the Corduroy event. Ideally, the paycheck-week after the Corduroy event! That's up for discussion by the group, of course, but it sounds like people are going away a lot, and early November hasn't come up much in that regard.

2. Anybody up for wine happy hour at Firefly tomorrow?

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

I'll raise my Firefly bid to 75%. What time will ya'll be there? If I can do it, I'll be there at about 5:45. I'm dressed in what could be described as stylishly sloppy.

Will I be allowed in?

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Can't make Firefly. Sorry. Got to slice the breadwinner's bread tonight. And no, that is not any sort of euphemism, Mssrs Dente and Nebergall. Will be meeting a mate at BdC on Monday evening, though, if anyone else hasn't sat down at le zinc for a while?

"Mine goes off like a rocket." -- Tom Sietsema, Washington Post, Feb. 16.