• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

On a Whim... What are you up to...

Al_Dente

My ETA is between 5:30 and 5:45.  I heard there will be a whole bevy of 36EEE all natural Italian beauties at the bar this evening.

There wouldn't be any room for us at the bar! :shock:

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

Holligan: Misspelling corrected. Unfortunately, only one of the Lennon/McCartney duo was there, but the concert was amazing. Moz has still got it!

On the food note the burgers and pizza at Matchbox were all that everyone promised. The pizza was amazingly crisp, had the white procuitto. But those burgers are absolutely sublime. I thought of bringing one to fling at Morrissey (Meat Is Murder) but decided against it.

Edited by DCMark (log)

I thought of bringing one to fling at Morrissey (Meat Is Murder) but decided against it.

If you had, you'd have been First Of The Gang To Die. :raz:

(Obligatory food element: Mmmmm. Meat. Aaaarrrrggghh.)

"Mine goes off like a rocket." -- Tom Sietsema, Washington Post, Feb. 16.

Hey, how about those Yankees?

Weak on the issues. I need a candidate who puts their stance on the key issues right out there the table. As far as I can tell, The Yankees just play baseball. What are they hiding?

No Firefly for me tonight, I'm afraid. Considering making a maiden voyage to Palena this comming Monday, though!

Edited by Chef Shogun (log)

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

Here's a thought: Go to the movies first, then go to Ray's around 8:30. Much more civilized time to eat, much easier to get in.

I'm definitely willing to go later. I'm trying to get a reservation for 3 at 8:30 next Thursday (hint, hint) but 12-2 is one of our crazy periods at work and I've missed the window the last two days. I'm going to set my watch alarm tomorrow because I can't bear the thought of having to go somewhere else since we are determined to have some dead cow.

What's everyone up to this weekend?

My wife and I are trying Laylinya tomorrow for the first time based on the recs of Morela and DonRocks and JohnW and others on here. I like Lebanese Taverna, but I'm always up for something better.

Couldn't get into first choice Ray's on short notice.

Bill Russell

What's everyone up to this weekend?

Greek festival. Not 'cause it's so awesome or anything, but because we ran into some poor NIH lawyer-type last week while out and about, got silly shitfaced with him, and drunkenly promised we'd come and see him at his booth at St. Sophia's. Galatobourekos, here I come.

My wife and I are trying Laylinya tomorrow for the first time based on the recs of Morela and DonRocks and JohnW and others on here.  I like Lebanese Taverna, but I'm always up for something better.

Couldn't get into first choice Ray's on short notice.

Layalina is the greatest. I want to go get stuff from there right now and eat it at home!

PS: Anyone coming downtown tonight, heads up for IMF protest stuff; road blocks, barriers, paper parking signs that have potential to ruin your lives...

They're still out there.

Edited by morela (log)

Layalina is the greatest.  I want to go get stuff from there right now and eat it at home!

PS:  Anyone coming downtown tonight, heads up for IMF protest stuff; road blocks, barriers, paper parking signs that have potential to ruin your lives...

They're still out there.

Oh, is THAT what the constant sirens and whistles and helicopters all day were about? That was driving me clear out of my head this morning (I work across from their 20th street building). Furthermore, I had to take a totally round-about route to Breadline for my friday cod and fries!

This weekend? Nothing much...probably stay in and cook tomorrow. It's so sad...Saturday is my only real 'cook something big or involved' day. What's Jaleo like for lunch at the bar Sunday? Monday I'm definately thinking Palena. Definately, definately Palena.

Matt Robinson

Prep for dinner service, prep for life! A Blog

You never know where a roaving band of eG women might show up in search of some chicken.......

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe