• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

On a Whim... What are you up to...

Al_Dente

I vote for Eat First... we can always try NBW another time.

Are we on for tonight or sometime in the future?

Sometime in the near future. Next Monday perhaps?

peak performance is predicated on proper pan preparation...

-- A.B.

My work situation has been a real drag lately. I'm not sure when I can make it at this point-- even when I have the time, I'm not in the most social of moods by the end of the day :angry: . If anyone goes, make sure to put together a full review.

-- A.B.

My work situation has been a real drag lately. I'm not sure when I can make it at this point-- even when I have the time, I'm not in the most social of moods by the end of the day  :angry: . If anyone goes, make sure to put together a full review.

:smile: cheer up sweetie!! :smile:

"Ham isn't heroin..." Morgan Spurlock from "Supersize Me"

• 2 weeks later...

Any day next week except Monday would work for me, and the following week should be ok too.

"Tea and cake or death! Tea and cake or death! Little Red Cookbook! Little Red Cookbook!" --Eddie Izzard

Anyone feel like dinner out soon?

I'm still in :angry:-mode at work, so I don't know from one day to the next whether I could get out to meet folks.

If you manage to arrange something let me know. I'll try to be :smile: or at least :hmmm:

I'm :biggrin: it's Friday anyway.

:huh:

-- A.B.

RFD is a great idea, Heather; I've been wanting to try it since your original post awhile back. I'm all about Belgian beer--lambics in particular! I also like the idea of a drink there and burgers at Matchbox.

Erin

RFD is a great idea, Heather; I've been wanting to try it since your original post awhile back.  I'm all about Belgian beer--lambics in particular!  I also like the idea of a drink there and burgers at Matchbox.

Al Dente is an expert on them. Ask him about Delirium Nocturnum. :wacko:

Mark

RFD is a great idea, Heather; I've been wanting to try it since your original post awhile back.  I'm all about Belgian beer--lambics in particular!  I also like the idea of a drink there and burgers at Matchbox.

We put away a few there a couple months ago. Great great stuff.

OK, it's sort of a plan then. What day?

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

You should have seen me in Belgium. Or perhaps not. Their logo doesn't feature a pink elephant for nuthin.

Edited by Al_Dente (log)

-- A.B.

OK, it's sort of a plan then.  What day?

Tomorrow (or today, when all of you will read this) is the only evening that works for me this week.

I've had Delirium Tremens, but not Delirium Nocturnum. Sounds like Delirium Nocturnum is the next stage! :blink: Al or Heather, can you elaborate on the differences? Just checked their beer list, and I'll be going straight for the Cantillon. :wub: [nostalgia]Man, I wish Brugse Tripel was available here (and Rodenbach Grand Cru easier to find--the 'skeller doesn't always have it).[/nostalgia]

Erin

Tomorrow huh? Let me see what's going on at home. I might be able to do it.

I fell love with everything byDe Dolle Brouwers at a Brickskeller beer tasting a few years ago. They sometimes have Oerbier in a can at the Brick, and I have scored a bottle of Boskuen at Sutton Place from time to time, but it would be in heaven if RFD would carry something from them on tap.

That tasting was concluded with about six keg lambic varieties. The best testing they've ever had, IMO.

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

Just to clarify, Heather, I meant I can go today (as in Tuesday). It was late Monday evening when I last posted (and why I said "today, when all of you who will read this"). My apologies, I should have been more clear.

Erin

• 9 months later...

Remember that idea about seeing what other eg types might be dining where you are?

Well, I'll start. :wink:

Anyone heading to Firefly tonight? Or where is everyone heading today?

PS Rocks, can you please edit the sub head for my poor grammar (lack of agreement)?

Edited by JennyUptown (log)