• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An Englishman In New York

Andy Lynes

JFK. UGH!!!!  I thought you were picking him up in Newark.  .....

Bermuda II my dear :biggrin: For Andy to get to EWR, It would have to be LGW :sad: No LHR for him :wink: -- UA,AA,BA,VS are allowed to fly JFK-LHR plus two other carriers are allowed fifth freedom rights; AI being one of them - For more on this ongoing snafu check this and hangout in FF groups :raz: or ask here --maybe someone might chime in :wink:

anil

In the event I decide to drive the van out to China 46, would there be any interest among any of the NYC crowd in joining?

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

In the event I decide to drive the van out to China 46, would there be any interest among any of the NYC crowd in joining?

A few hours too late. After Andy broke the NY date, my option was picked up on a rebound. It's a pity, I've always has a curiosity about the midwest. :biggrin: See you on Friday.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

I just want to dive in here to beg you Noo Joisey folk to take good care of young Andrew, and to ensure you return him in the condition in which he arrives :huh:

That talk of taking him into Newark filled me with dread :blink:

Is it 7 PM tonite? [[this thread is getting a little confusing with the friggin' new yawkers butting in [and why is this discussion in the ny board?!.]] I'm hoping to make it, but it's very iffy; I've got the whole Clampett clan in at the beet and they won't leave me be!

I will be making a decision around 3-4pm today as to whether I'll drive to this event. I'm going to see plenty of Andy, so I would primarily be motivated to do this if other Manhattanites wanted to meet him and sample China 46. Let me know via PM if you wish to be in a posse, and if we reach critical mass we can try to pull something together.

Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Do take Andy to Etats Unis (or their wine bar) if only to prove that the best sticky toffee pudding is made by a Yank.

Them theres fighting talk...bring it on! :biggrin:

it's more than just opinion -- it's a fact. :raz:

I'd love to be proven wrong -- any suggestions? :biggrin:

For those not reading the NJ thread devoted to this, but still intending on attending tonight... apparently Long Island sucks as usual and so does Long Island traffic. :biggrin:

In other words, the Perlows just called me and the dinner at China 46 is now scheduled for 7:30pm instead of 7:00pm, since they are busy impressing Andy with how great the Air Conditioning is in their vintage Cadillac while they muddle THROUGH that traffic.

That is all. You may now go back to discussing other things to distract Andy with for the remainder of his trip.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

Re: Tomorrow: I'll be back in Manhattan around 7 P.M. (or I could be). Do you all know where you're likely to be around then?

Michael aka "Pan"

Please pm me for the address,. No idea what Mr. Lynes' schedule is tomorrow so can't say what time.

Feel free to bring anything you might want to consume or share with others :

Edited by lissome (log)

Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons: That is all there is to distinguish us from the other Animals.

-Beaumarchais

I'm sure we'll be at lissome's, but I guess she should speak to timing, procedures, etc. -- probably anybody who wants any info beyond what has been posted publicly should PM her, as she isn't likely to want to post her address and such.

'm making pissaladiere so nice matin fans can :laugh

Jinmyo said: that's why pie

Edited by lissome (log)

Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons: That is all there is to distinguish us from the other Animals.

-Beaumarchais

I'd really enjoy popping in for a short while to meet you guys. Unfortunately, I won't be able to stay long. We're heading to the East End for some heat relief at around 9:00pm.

Two hours with a group of eGulleters can feel like an eternity!

By the way have we settled on a time yet? It seems about, um, time to do so.