• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An Englishman In New York

Andy Lynes

Friday, I figure to be busy all afternoon into some time in the evening. When were you thinking of hanging out on Friday?

Michael aka "Pan"

Andy 15:40 What airline ? The fastest I've done is 25 minutes from opening of the door, to the cab; Ofcourse it was the only International at that slot in terminal 2/3

Can we make this Friday do you think?

Why not ?

Macrosan: If I were you. I'd wait to make sure I got thru immigration first

What inside scoop do you have from your deptt: ?

anil

Hope no one has anything against the small trio i invited: tuba, drums and flute.

Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons: That is all there is to distinguish us from the other Animals.

-Beaumarchais

Andy will be physically exhausted on Thursday. We're picking him up from the airport and feeding him in New Jersey, and then he is going straight to bed -- so we should plan the debauchery for Friday.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Jason, why not pull a small NJ group together for Saigon Republic or C46 or something? Thursday night may be the only dinner opportunity Andy has in NJ. Of course, it's up to him and you. I'm simply offering unsolicited advice.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Let me know if you are going to dine in NJ. Also, since we just were at China 46 I would recommend another place. Also, it should be BYO and Italian since that is pure NJ. Come over to West Orange and I'll open one Turley!!! :shock:

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

China 46 I know we can get into no problem, its a huge restaurant and its right by the house. And I am sure Andy doesnt have access to this level of chinese cuisine in the UK. We also have several very good Korean places in the area too.

So who's up for a meal in Jersey with us and Andy?

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Figure closer to 7. I think we should bring him to one of our two favorite Mexican dives. :raz:

Style of cuisine up to Andy. What can't you get at home, dear boy? Highly recommended without having to drive too far would be Chinese, Vietnamese, Mexican, Italian, Barbecue, Thai, Korean, Japanese, Spanish/Portuguese, or great burgers at a diner.

Edit: How could I forget Korean & Japanese?

Since Andy has no context upon which to base a decision, maybe the question should be thrown back at the NJ crew in the form of: given only one opportunity for a meal, what restaurant in northern-NJ would you want a visiting gourmet from overseas to experience? That could certainly be a whole thread, but we can probably get a quick answer here.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I wasn't asking him to pick the restaurant, just the type of cuisine. I would be proud to bring anyone to an excellent representative of any of the cuisines noted above all within a half hour of our house. Except for maybe Italian, we have some of the best ethnic places in the NYC area right here in Bergen County.