• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

cdh

RIP Holly Moore

An eGulleteer from the earliest days, Holly Moore has passed away. (or so lots of people on FB have announced today)  I have fond memories of sitting with him at the Heartland Gathering in PHL when we ate at Zahav.  Fantastic foodie all around.  Sad to hear he is no more.

• Like 4

Though missing from eG, Holly was a twitter presence

• Like 1

Very sad news. I remember HollyMoore as the most unpretentious supporter of good food wherever it might be found, no frills necessary. RIP. 

So sad to hear this.  I've loved reading his writing for years - back to the Chowhound days, I think.  He made huge contributions to my travel eating!

• Like 1

I logged in here after not having logged in for a while to see this message. I never personally knew Holly, but remember his post. I am saddened to hear this.