• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

rotuts

Amazon Prime Day - your loot ?

23 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

@Toliver  What happens on Prime day?

It's the day one buys Instant Pots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

@Toliver  What happens on Prime day?

Amazon Prime Day is supposed to celebrate the founding of the company by offering lots of deals for Prime members. I believe that there may be some deals for non-Prime shoppers, too.

The first Prime Day offerings were pretty much ridiculed by shoppers because they were so bad. So ensuing Prime Days offered better products and better deals.

Rumor has it that this year the newest version of the Instant Pot will be one of the Prime Day deals.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Beebs said:

It's the day one buys Instant Pots.

At least that is one item I won't be buying, seeing as how I already have 3 of them.xD  

• Haha 5

What about Whole Foods? Big discount on Prime beef? :P

dcarch

Edited by dcarch (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kayb said:

But it'd likely be a fine day to buy a(nother) CSO....

Indeed.

And if I see a good price on a Braava robot mop my kitchen floor might thank me.

There's a rumor that it'll be a "Prime week" this year, and it'll start on the 9th of July—who knows?

The only thing I'm seriously eyeing is a certain camera.

Edited by DiggingDogFarm (log)
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Indeed.

And if I see a good price on a Braava robot mop my kitchen floor might thank me.

Damn.  Been watching the price on the  those for ages now.   Don’t know if I would ever actually spring for one. They are damn cute.

P.S.:  I think its very unlikely that a CSO will be on PrimeDay or any flash sale :

I don't think Cuisinart makes enough of them

and AMZN  probably has a minimum # of an item to put it on PrimeDay.

unlike the first few years where they juste got rid of Junk that was clogging their warehouses

of course you can get AMZN  third rate electronics   tablets , phones  

as they tether you to AMZN   which is the idea.

F.D.:  I own a remarkably small number of AMZN shares.

so goggle the stuff up folks !

5 hours ago, rotuts said:

I could not find a thread that was just about Amazon.   there is of course WF/AMZN

Im interesting id AMZN  as i interested in economics   

and how its changing " goods and services "

I ran into this :

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/whos-selling-steaks-off-truck-amazon-050537876.html

Ingenious marketing, hawking instant pots from the back of a roving truck.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

Ingenious marketing, hawking instant pots from the back of a roving truck.

Everything old is new again. Things used to be flogged from the back of a buggy or a dray. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2018 at 11:47 PM, DiggingDogFarm said:

There's a rumor that it'll be a "Prime week" this year, and it'll start on the 9th of July—who knows?

The only thing I'm seriously eyeing is a certain camera.

You are sort of correct with this. Last year, Prime Day started late on a Monday (I think I even came back to this board at that time to report that some items were already being reduced in price on the Monday eve). It ran all day Tuesday and ended some time on Wednesday. I think it's likely they might do the same this year as opposed to an entire week. 

• Like 1

I don't guess I'm in the market for anything significant this year. Had to buy a replacement coffee maker earlier this year, I'm still in the only-one-CSO and only-one-Instant-Pot camp. I could use a good hand mixer, for things I want to mix up in a hurry and not bother with the stand mixer. May look for one of those.