• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

An American Grill Wine Dinner 4/21

Rosie

Lou Reda from An American Grill, Randolph is planning an egullet dinner at An American Grill for all egulleteers. He will plan this with a wine pairings and a 5 course meal. Who's interested? And Lou--throw us some dates and let us know HOW MANY PEOPLE you can handle.

Wednesday April 21, 2004 7 PM

Rosie and Lowell 2

Curlz 1

Glenn 1

PNapoli--1

suzilightning 1

Phil and guest 2

Zeman 1

Rossimania-1

Whasen -1

Rock --1 Maybe 2

David Brociner-definete/maybe 1

johnnybird --maybe

Tommy in +1, depending on date/etc.

Rachel and Jason --tentative

Ken Robinson--maybe

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

Not to be the stick in the mud that I am, but I wonder about driving after having 5+ glasses of wine.  We really need to an eglutton bus.

pairings with multi-course meals aren't always full pours. in my experience, they're usually not full pours.

but if you rent a bus, i'll be glad to have you drive me.

Edited by tommy (log)

Count me in!

And I fully agree that

a) We won't be too drunk to drive after a food/wine pairing--that's not the idea!

b) We should DEFINITELY have a bus. Just think of the publicity we could get if we got one donated...

c) I'd like to see Rosie drive said bus.

:biggrin:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

How about Weds April 21st. 7pm.

Let me talk to a few wine people and I'll get back to you. After I choose the wines I'll fomulate a menu. We'll take 30 people in my new party room.

Damn I saw this and thought "YIPPPPEEEEEEEEEEE" Now to my disappointment I'm going to miss it (coz we're back in NJ for a cple of weeks in March) and have to wait til we move back to NJ later this year to meet all you guys :sad:

Regards

Tom

I want food and I want it now

I don't know, the way StInGeR spell his name looks like a ransom note. Might be best to hold off a meeting for a while. :biggrin:

Just don't leave a copy of the NY Post around :biggrin:

I want food and I want it now

FYI--If Phil Ward is doing the wines you will be very pleased. Great to hear that you will be picking, pouring and dining with us Phil. Will you be describing the wines with each course?

Rosie,

I am happy to talk about the wines and also want to keep Lou's dinner social rather than too educational.

Phil

I have never met a miserly wine lover

Since I'm now working (:smile:) in Southeast NY (Orangeburg), getting to Randolph after work shouldn't be a problem, but Helena wouldn't be coming since it's a little far for her to drive (plus she has another group that's meeting that evening).

So, assuming the menu is ok (no pork, no shellfish), count me in as one.