• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breville Smart Oven Air Fryer Pro or ...?

Sid Post

Specifically, model #BOV900BSSUSC at ~$400.  I am on my second Breville Smart Oven, I think it is a model 800 something.  I need to be able to cook 13" frozen pizzas which is a hard requirement.  I love being able to use a 13"x9" pan too.  I do not make toast, at least toast I am picky about, though I need something that will do a decent job on Bagels and English Muffins.

I have briefly considered the Ninja shallow toaster oven pizza cooker that folds up vertically but, it won't work for a roast so cutting up a whole chicken for it does not allow it to fit my lifestyle as a sheet pan chicken dinner option that would work with a nice beef roast.

The BSO model #900 seems to be a good option for me but, $400 is a lot of money to me as well.  So, I want to make sure I am not overlooking something that would work for me at a lower price or get something a lot better for a modest cost increase.

My main cooking with my current BSO is:

• Better quality Frozen pizzas, none of the cheap ~$5 Tombstones and similar pizzas
  • Nice beef roasts
  • Lots of chicken, whole, parts, and lots of frozen chicken options
  • Baked potatoes, plain or loaded
  • Casseroles of all sorts
  • Tater tots, french fries
  • Bagels and English Muffins

I do other stuff infrequently like cornbread muffins, cakes, brownies, and similar desert-oriented things.  I lack a full-size domestic oven right now as well so, whatever I have or get is used heavily since I can't cook everything in a skillet or pan, or use my wood fired Smoker for everything.

So, is the 900 series BSO the best option for me?  What other options should I look at?

TIA,

Sid