• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Breakfast 2024

liuzhou

Peach and blackberry cobbler with a short cut .  While the oven is coming to temperature, I make the biscuit base but pop the fruit into the microwave until it’s nice and bubbly. This doesn’t take very long in the micro, then the cobbler topping is scooped on and placed in a 425* convection bake oven.  This takes about 12/13 minutes in my oven to bake.  

IMG_6685.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Delicious 1

Dinner for breakfast again.
GrilledPorkchopsbreakfastJuly5th2024.thumb.jpg.72d5b3342122127e36b459b3a2f2fb28.jpg

Didn't cook it last night so made it this morning. Everything was cooked on the grill.
Pork chops and zucchini directly on the grill and the potato gratin in chicken broth in a cast iron skillet
and the butternut squash was also done on the grill in a small cast iron skillet.
  • Like 1
  • Delicious 1

This morning I enjoyed a bowl of cornmeal porridge with Kampot black pepper and a bit of pecorino romano, Panamanian Don Bosco coffee, and fresh, home made spinach and apple juice, nice and cold.

• Like 1

... Shel