• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Kitchen Nightmares Reboot

liuzhou

Gordon Ramsay must be getting desperate. After a lacklustre Masterchef US 13, he is relaunching Kitchen Nightmares. Ten episodes coming at the end of September are being hyped up by the opening of pop-up Kitchen Nightmare Rage Rooms across the USA. Scant details here.

Why this information was sent to my cell phone in China is beyond me.

We’ve got you! Make an appointment to blow off some steam and SMASH your frustrations in our kitchen-themed Rage Room or work on your knife skills in our knife-throwing experience!

The ten restaurants to be featured in the upcoming series are:

_20230918233813.thumb.jpg.71372f89cadb60466fcc3966a11450a0.jpg

• Haha 1

...your dancing child with his Chinese suit.

The Kitchen Scale Manifesto

On 9/19/2023 at 2:20 AM, pastrygirl said:

What's going on in upstate NY to need 2 out of 5 rage rooms? 

I thought it was supposed to be all bucolic and stuff  😂

I don't know but half the ten restaurants to be featured are in New York State.

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Okanagancook said:

If they weren’t his shows, Gordon would say ‘revolting’.😆

I think he may not say so in those exact words! We all know he's shy of speaking his #*$*ing mind.

Edited by liuzhou (log)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

I watched some this weekend.  So far have all of the restaurants had a bucket of slimy chicken in their walk-in?  Coincidence or plant?   Regardless, it's a dick move to dump chicken juice on the floor for them to have to clean up, also can't believe he actually touches it.  🤢

• Like 1

The original British version of this show was actually quite good. Then it came to America with stupid American producers producing content for stupid Americans and they cranked all the wrong dials all of the way up. When you move from the BBC to Fox, everything good will perish. Fox is a trash brand. When Kitchen Nightmares came to the US, it introduced obnoxious voiceover from a narrator we neither know nor care about. They started overusing and abusing the same obnoxious ten sound effects also used on every other reality series produced in the same time period. And they urged Gordon to scream and yell and be mean. The vibe on the BBC was like a disappointed father who was staging an intervention to get his kid's life back on track. On Fox, the vibe is mostly abusive and theatrical. Because if there's one thing that Fox knows, it's that rage sells. At least to the kind of grubby morons who watch Fox.

Who knows what the Fox producers will be up to this season. Will they still have that narrator? Will they still use the same garbage sound effects over and over? Will they force Gordon to fight cooks to the death inside The Octagon? Will any of this seem relevant or worth watching in 2023? I know only the answer to the last question. I don't plan on investigating the answers to the others.

• Like 3

Fox is what it is .

Its a bottom line business.

Fox understands how to maximize its bottom line.

Fox will always make that its goal , and will be very successful 

keeping  that in mind.

Edited by rotuts (log)

On 10/18/2023 at 10:18 AM, btbyrd said:

Then it came to America with ... American producers producing content for ... Americans and they cranked all the wrong dials all of the way up.

Yeah, he might be helping these businesses in the end, too bad he has to publicly shame them first.  🇺🇸

Though I did want to slap the smirk off the one 'influencer' kid's face, Gordon can shame him plenty. ;)

• Like 1