• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Super Bowl 2019 what's on your menu?

JeanneCake

We ate before the game, mostly to give people the chance to do something other than pace around the house waiting for the game to start haha.  I made a big salad and a pot of macaroni and cheese, a big tray of fried chicken and some ribs in the slow cooker

1204326546_ranchchicken.thumb.jpg.35d2cc8fc4c29011da635f6e4f2b9d1d.jpg

1304825833_slowcookerribsd.thumb.jpg.2ea8fd967603c06900b29c449d6df7d7.jpg

I made some dips and stuff for the actual game but everyone was too full to eat any of them.  We all heartily approved of the outcome of the game.  Duck boat parade at 11AM tomorrow.  

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Shelby said:

It was certainly better than the game......but it's Super Bowl, so I guess it was good in its own way.  I didn't even enjoy the halftime show.  Am I becoming an old fuddy duddy?  A few of the commercials made me laugh, but not like in years past.  Oh well, next year will surely be better.  Is this 6 super bowl wins for Brady?  He's fast running out of fingers for the rings.

Hey, now....

one of the kindest and wisest men in the world had 10 rings....

Yogi Berra

I am such a sports dork

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 8:25 AM, rotuts said:

these SB's are starting to be like

deja vu all over again.

so appropriate!!!!

love to y'all up there 

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Jean Beliveau won a total of 17 Stanley Cup rings, 10 as a player and 7 during his time in the front office. That's fair-to-middlin'.

Scotty Bowman wasn't a player, but won 9 as a coach (with three different teams!) and 5 more as a front office guy.

• Thanks 1

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

@chromedome

thank you.

what Id really like to see

no joke here

is snacks for the

Curling Championships

real deal

why ?

well I saw them a few Olympics ago

and well , 

I also saw Curling

on