• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

chocolate chip cookies from scratch

zpzjessica

Lately, I am on a baking kick.

I'd like to bake chocolate chip cookies but don't have a good 'from scratch' recipe. I was hoping someone on eGullet might have a good (and fairly easy) recipe to share!  :smile:

the toll house recipe on the chocolate chips you buy----is formidable.

Lately, I am on a baking kick.

I'd like to bake chocolate chip cookies but don't have a good 'from scratch' recipe. I was hoping someone on eGullet might have a good (and fairly easy) recipe to share!  :smile:

We have a recipe that is of the "handed down" variety and is the only one we used. I will get it into this thread late tonight as I am at work right now. I'm only posting now so that you will know that people are reading and responding.

Porthos Potwatcher
The Once and Future Cook

;

Olivia's Old Fashioned Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Macrina Bakery & Cafe Cookbook. You can simplify them - all butter, for instance. They are crisp around the edges, and soft/chewy in the center. I make them a more normal size and get a lot more than 16 cookies - more like 40.

My wife and I have been making the Jacques Torres Chocolate Chip Cookie lately. It was rated the best by Martha Stewart, and I just love anything Jacques.

Read about it on my blog post:

http://blog.mychocolatejournal.com/pt/blog...colate-Chip-Coo

Patrick Sikes

www.MyChocolateJournal.com

A new chocolate review community

PS I Love You Fine Chocolates

thanks guys!

some of these sound really great. i haven't had the chance to bake any yet, but am taking note of these and am hoping to try one or two this coming weekend. if i get around to it, and am successful, i'll post pictures :smile:

thanks again!