• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Yummy yummy get out of my tummy

Tummy strong like bull, not sure if this is good or bad. I mean I may need a little personal space after a big meal but, no heartburn.

t

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

The only time I ever have a problem is with overly lactose-rich things, like heavy doses of ice cream or pizza. However, this has not deterred me in the slightest. :hmmm:

Typically, I have a pretty darn cast iron stomach. Lucky me.

-Sounds awfully rich!

-It is! That's why I serve it with ice cream to cut the sweetness!

sometimes simple ketchup/catsup will give me the heartburn, but other than that I'm cast iron in the belly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“A favorite dish in Kansas is creamed corn on a stick.”

-Jeff Harms, actor, comedian.

>Enjoying every bite, because I don't know any better...

I have a stomach of steel but, for some reason, when I have something deep fried, usually fish and chips, along with white wine, my stomach goes mad!! A bummer, cause one of my favourites is boquerones fritos with a chilled glass of white wine.

Cheap pickled jalapen~os will do it every time.

Aside from that? Pretty much nothing.

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

Cheap pickled jalapen~os will do it every time.

Aside from that?  Pretty much nothing.

I have the same problem. I swear that I could eat plutonium and it would not bother me, but pickled jalapeños get to me from start to finish.

Dave

Any time I have an all white meal (ie: cheese omlette, grits, biscuit) I feel queasy for hours. Also, though it doesn't really bother me otherwise, kimchee on an empty stomach causes lots of gas. Too bad, 'cause it's one of my favorite snacks.

i seem to have problems with lots of salt. like packaged things like ramen and potato chips will always do it. i don't think it's MSG, though, because I have no trouble at chinese restaurants that I know use MSG.

Jerk.

Not gonna say what it does to me.

You shouldn't eat grouse and woodcock, venison, a quail and dove pate, abalone and oysters, caviar, calf sweetbreads, kidneys, liver, and ducks all during the same week with several cases of wine. That's a health tip.

Jim Harrison from "Off to the Side"

:wink:

I do make certain that I'm not going to be in social surroundings two hours after a meal which includes large helpings of the garlic/onion/shallot/scallion/chive tribe. Or the cruciferous crowd (broccoli, cauliflower). The results can be...er...what the Windy City *should* have been named for.

I simply make sure there won't be any innocent civilian victims involved.

:raz:

Me, I vote for the joyride every time.

-- 2/19/2004