• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Radio Food Shows

thegreatdane

There is the Splendid Table on NPR http://splendidtable.publicradio.org/

and then there is the Food Program on the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/factual/foodprogramme.shtml

And the BBC even has a program about veggies.

I have to listen every week.

The Philip Mahl Community teaching kitchen is now open. Check it out. "Philip Mahl Memorial Kitchen" on Facebook. Website coming soon.

scroll down to Radio Cooking Shows middle of the page ... enjoy! :wink:

The MIT List of Radio Stations on the Net

A Matter of Taste

Ask Your Neighbor - Bob Allison

Jackie Olden's Recipe of the Day

The Gabby Gourmet

KBCO (Boulder, CO) - Recipes

KEZW (Denver, CO) - Warren Byrne's The Restaurant Show

Minnesota Public Radio - Splendid Table

Simply Food with Prudence Sloane

Stirrin' It Up - John Folse

WFIN - A Chef's Table - Jim Coleman

WFIN - Phone Club Recipes

WGN - Food Time

WMT Open Line

Recipes Given on the Show

1998-present

Open Line Bulletin Recipes

1963-present

Alphabetical Index

Cookbook Recipes Not Found in the Bulletins

Best of the Open Line Cookbook - Parts 1-3

Rest of the Best of the Open Line Cookbook

Jim Loyd's Meats and Casseroles

The Silver Anniversary Cookbook

The 75th Anniversary Cookbook

The 80th Anniversary Cookbook

WNAX - The Neighbor Lady - Recipes

WONW- Cooking with Gina

WOR - Food Talk Schedule - Listen Live

WBAP - Dining with Dan

WPR - Wisconsin Public Radio - All About Food - Jean Feraca

WWL (New Orleans) - Recipes

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Several of the non-food interview shows have semi-regular food guests. Len Lopate (WNYC/NPR, and also available on XM and as podcasts), for example, has Ruth Reichl, Jacques Pepin and other major food personalities on all the time.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

Tom Fitzmorris has been running a radio show concerning food on one of several stations here in New Orleans for 35 years or something like that. Currently it's weekends on WWL (available on the web, check website for broadcast schedule as it changes) and WSMB 1350 on your a.m. dial. His WSMB show is every afternoon during drivetime.

While I don't always, in only about half of the time, agree with him, it's a fun listen and he gets a very broad crossection of callers. He is also an expert and experienced cook and spends a great deal of time discussing cooking, rather than restaurants.

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

KCRW's Good Food is available for podcasting. I listen to that every week, a few weeks ago they interviewed Chris Cognac. They always have interesting stuff.

I also listen to the Food Schmooze on CT NPR every Wednesday, although it is not available for podcasting yet.

• 1 year later...

Just spent another slow Saturday morning enjoying my favorite radio call-in cookery show, Melinda Lee's Food News, and was moved to bump up this topic in order to share this fun resource. Melinda broadcasts over KNX-AM 1070 in Los Angeles, which also streams her show live over the Internet. There's a link to the live stream through her website (on the This Week's Shows page; her shows currently broadcast on Saturdays and Sundays 10am-1pm Pacific Time. Enjoy!

Just spent another slow Saturday morning enjoying my favorite radio call-in cookery show, Melinda Lee's Food News, and was moved to bump up this topic in order to share this fun resource. Melinda broadcasts over KNX-AM 1070 in Los Angeles, which also streams her show live over the Internet.

OMG, isn't she GREAT ?!?!?!?

I love her, I always learn something when I listen to her show, and she just has such a great persona on the air.

Thank you Ducky dear for mentioning her............when I pulled up the topic, which I hadn't seen before, I pulled it up thinking, "damn, I hope someone's mentioned Melinda Lee...."

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

• 1 year later...

I've noticed a couple of New Orleans food threads on here lately. Those interested may want to listen to Tom Fitzmorris. He does a daily radio show about food and drink on WWWL. You can find the link to the stream on his website NOmenu

I very much enjoy the Restaurant Guys. Their podcast is available from http://www.restaurantguysradio.com/

Their podcast (and radio show) covers a wide range of food-related topics. I find almost all of their shows fascinating, and I'm on the other side of the world (Australia).

Their show works better for me than some others I've tried like KCRW's Good Food or the Food Geek podcast.