• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: Daddy-A - Adventures in Lotus Land

Daddy-A

Thanks for the fun read! You reminded me of a few of my favourite spots that I've neglected to visit recently! :wink:

So the real question - what is the first thing you eat after you are done blogging and no-one is watching? What were you holding out for the entire week and now feel free to eat?!?!?!

Cheers!

Thank you... extra special thanks to you (and "J")...

This was a blog to remember! The photos were outstanding. It was easy, comfortable reading, too, which means a lot to me. There was plenty of good writing to go with the photos, but not so much that I couldn't keep up, due to time factors. I really enjoyed following this.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.

Great blog! I appreciate all the effort and time you put into creating this - hope you will continue to post more every now and then. Those pictures are truly a feast for the eyes. I need to go out and do some more exploring!

Daddy-A, Thanks for the blog! It brought back some great memories and made me want to return to Vancouver soon. Your dogs are too cute, they seem like real characters.

If only Jack Nicholson could have narrated my dinner, it would have been perfect.

Daddy-A,

Thank you for your foodblog. You have reminded me why I'm still a Canadian wannabe.

So help me, I want to go back to Vancouver so bad!!!

Arne, you have done a great service to the municipality of Burnaby, the greater Vancouver area, the province of British Columbia, and the country of Canada. Would be appropriate to end this blog with a rendition of "O Canada", ehh?? :unsure:

Russell J. Wong aka "rjwong"

Food and I, we go way back ...

Well Arne, you did Vancouver proud!!!! Fantastic Blog. It's hard to believe that it's been a week already. So, I guess it's back to the normal week of eating lots and taking pictures of food :raz:

Great blog - and you managed to introduce me to a treat that I have not tried yet. Donuts in Deep Cove! I was out there a couple of weeks ago but did not have a chance to drop into the shop.

Those were great pictures of Deep Cove BTW. And for you out of towners - Deep Cove is a mere 20 mins by car from Downtown Vancouver though you feel like you are visiting an island town.

Arne, this whole week felt like a party! I'm tired for you so I can just imagine how you feel! Thank you so much for introducing the Vancouver food scene in such a fun and active way. I've been taking notes and can hardly wait to go visit, eat and shop for food!!

Daddy-A,

Thank you so much for this wonderful blog. My husband and I visited Vancouver for the first time last summer and we fell in love with the city. It's an amazing place for anyone who loves food (not to mention gorgeous natural surroundings).

At one point, after indulging in an outstanding dinner at West, we briefly contemplated sending for our dog, Gilbert, and moving from DC to Vancouver right then and there. :cool:

Obviously, we didn’t make the move (at least not yet), but we are inspired by your blog to go back for more visits as often as possible. (And thanks to you and the others on the Vancouver board, we have many, many ideas where to eat when we go.)

p.s. Your dogs are adorable. :wub:

p.p.s. Thanks especially for the photo of Deep Cove. We spent a wonderful day kayaking there. Canucklehead is right - you can spend the day in a beautiful place that feels like an island town and then zip back into Vancouver to eat dinner in one of the best food cities in North America. What's not to like?