• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2022 Micro-Foodblog: Mexican in Chicago

Chris Hennes

9 hours ago, heidih said:

The tortilla de fideo was just a squid inked flattened noodle cake? Did you enjoy it?

Sorry, that was just a copy-and-paste error, there should have been a comma... it was a bowl of very well-made squid ink fideos, and a plate of tortillas (apparently I was supposed to make tacos, but I got distracted by the plating and just ate it...).

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org

• 5 months later...

That meal at Frontera Grill looked great, and they have outdoor dining on their patio. I'll be in Chicago from August 10-27. Do you all think it'll be hard to get reservations for two there for their patio, and did you like your meal there better than at Tzuco, which looks a bit more expensive?

Michael aka "Pan"

While I enjoyed Tzuco, I think Frontera was better (and yes, a bit cheaper too). I don't really have a sense for how hard it is to get reservations there, I am normally planning these things several months out, so it hasn't been an issue. But it's easy to find out, they use Resy.

Chris Hennes
Director of Operations
chennes@egullet.org