• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

PIZZA CLUB 2005!

Rich Pawlak

Are they open on Sunday?  I might be able to go this weekend; let me confer with a higher power...

Open Sunday @ 3:30 - Everyday except Monday. I suggest 5:00 pm if doable as it tends to get busy after 6:00. Also, first come first serve.

Are they open on Sunday?  I might be able to go this weekend; let me confer with a higher power...

Andrew:

Sunday is the DDC Buffalo Farm extravaganza in Telford. :sad:

Howzabout Tuesday or Wednesday next??? You name the time...

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

• 3 months later...

Hey is anyone interested in a pizza club run to Trenton? We could cover the holy trinity (Rich P's monicker and an apt one) Delorenzo's on Hudson and Hamilton and Top Road on Brunswick Avenue.

No one is sure how long the Delorenzo's on Hudson will be there. As I mentioned in previous posts, the owners son Sam is opening a place in the Robbinsville NJ area and Gary may be looking to hang it up once he moves in there.

Anyone interested can pm or email me.

Jeff

Hey is anyone interested in a pizza club run to Trenton? We could cover the holy trinity (Rich P's monicker and an apt one) Delorenzo's on Hudson and Hamilton and Top Road on Brunswick Avenue.

No one is sure how long the Delorenzo's on Hudson will be there. As I mentioned in previous posts, the owners son Sam is opening a place in the Robbinsville NJ area and Gary may be looking to hang it up once he moves in there.

Jeff

It's about damn time we rev PIZZA CLUB back up!

I would, however, like to add CONTE'S in Princeton to that grouping; recently both Delorenzo's of Hudson St and Conte's made the distinction of rated 2 of the best pizzerias in the country in a new book out of Chicago:

Nation's Best Pizza

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

Jeff

I would, however, like to add CONTE'S in Princeton to that grouping; recently both Delorenzo's of Hudson St and Conte's made the distinction of rated 2 of the best pizzerias in the country in a new book out of Chicago:

Nation's Best Pizza

Love Conte's and love the fact you can get draft beer to wash down the great bar pies. I'm game. Driving wise might be a hassle to get to Princeton from the burg but we'll figure it out.

Jeff

Jeff

Nation's Best Pizza

Love Conte's and love the fact you can get draft beer to wash down the great bar pies. I'm game. Driving wise might be a hassle to get to Princeton from the burg but we'll figure it out.

Jeff

There is no draft beer at Conte's, only bottles.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Food Writer At Large

Jeff

Nation's Best Pizza

Jeff

There is no draft beer at Conte's, only bottles.

There's no beer at all at Delorenzo's. I usually bring a bottle of nice red wine with me.

When are we thinking of an outing?

Open post for all to respond for pizza club to Trenton and Princeton. How is Sunday 11/13 or 11/20? Please email or pm me if interested. Probably early (say 5-5:30) works best for those traveling from Philly. Let me know.

I am certain that Conte's is closed on Sundays and I am almost certain that both DeLorenzos are also closed on Sundays. Getting into any of the three on a Saturday is usually a challenge.

"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well." - Virginia Woolf

I am certain that Conte's is closed on Sundays and I am almost certain that both DeLorenzos are also closed on Sundays. Getting into any of the three on a Saturday is usually a challenge.

I forgot this. Actually Delorenzo's on Hudson is open Sunday. Any suggestions for mid week as weekends are brutal at all places

Jeff

Correct about Conte's. Delorenzo's is open Sunday, closed Monday. Our last Pizza Club excursion we started at Delorenzo's on a Saturday at 3:30pm; that seemed to help us avoid tghe really bad crowds later in the day. We could hit all 4 places on a Saturday, I am confident. It's all about pacing ourselves and not gorging at any one place.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Food Writer At Large

Correct about Conte's.  Delorenzo's is open Sunday, closed Monday.  Our last Pizza Club excursion we started at Delorenzo's on a Saturday at 3:30pm; that seemed to help us avoid tghe really bad crowds later in the day.  We could hit all 4 places on a Saturday, I am confident.  It's all about pacing ourselves and not gorging at any one place.

We did the three Trenton places in an early Pizza Club outing.

Now that we're a more sophisticated and experienced group, four stops should be a piece of pie.

Several people ate Nathan's hot dogs (a fourth stop) the last time we ventured out-of-state.

If we don't go Nov. 12 or 19, we probably should wait until January.

Charlie, the Main Line Mummer

We must eat; we should eat well.

Correct about Conte's.  Delorenzo's is open Sunday, closed Monday.  Our last Pizza Club excursion we started at Delorenzo's on a Saturday at 3:30pm; that seemed to help us avoid tghe really bad crowds later in the day.  We could hit all 4 places on a Saturday, I am confident.  It's all about pacing ourselves and not gorging at any one place.

Now that we're a more sophisticated and experienced group, four stops should be a piece of pie.

Several people ate Nathan's hot dogs (a fourth stop) the last time we ventured out-of-state.

Let's try for the 19th, meet at Delorenzo's on Hudson at 3:30. This will be the hardest place to try not gorging!

Let's try for the 19th, meet at Delorenzo's on Hudson at 3:30. This will be the hardest place to try not gorging!

I can give a ride to anyone coming from the western suburbs/Main Line/Center City (as long as "anyone" means a total of three or four of you). PM me.

I can give a ride to anyone coming from the western suburbs/Main Line/Center City (as long as "anyone" means a total of three or four of you). PM me.

Does this means the 19th works for everyone?

Does this means the 19th works for everyone?

I'm in if I can bum a ride with someone. Car is acting up. No long trips in the Nissan's future.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Grrr. I heard so much about these things and would love to have joined you, but we just made plans for that weekend. Next time maybe.

Karen C.

"Oh, suddenly life’s fun, suddenly there’s a reason to get up in the morning – it’s called bacon!" - Sookie St. James

Travelogue: Ten days in Tuscany

I'm there.

OK, we are set to meet at Delorenzo's on Hudson Street in Trenton at 3:30 on Saturday, 11/19. So far we have:

Rich, Diann, Charlie, Chris, Katie?, Aaron? and myself.

Will Katie and Aaron pm me if you are planning to go? Also if anyone needs directions please pm me for them.

Anyone else interested should let me know

Jeff

I'm there.

OK, we are set to meet at Delorenzo's on Hudson Street in Trenton at 3:30 on Saturday, 11/19. So far we have:

Rich, Diann, Charlie, Chris, Katie?, Aaron? and myself.

Will Katie and Aaron pm me if you are planning to go? Also if anyone needs directions please pm me for them.

Anyone else interested should let me know

Jeff

I'm in? OK, I'm in. Are you setting things up with the other stops, Jeff? I did that the last time, so they knew we were arriving, and approximately when; I budgeted 90 min per stop. Last time we had 19 people.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Food Writer At Large