• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

No. Give it time.

Actually, I'll say the deadline for telling me your schedule is tomorrow noon. I am trying to accommodate everyone who wants to do it, so patience is a must.

Edited by elyse (log)

This is definitely an idea whose time has come. Unfortunately, I, like pnapoli, can't really do weekdays, although Sarah works in NYC and probably could break away at lunch.

And I would second whomever recommended Big Nicks; it's been awhile since I've been, but I was impressed.

This is a great idea, and I will participate when possible, but weekday lunches usually don't work for me. I will try and follow along by doing "homework" :biggrin:

I have been to many on that list already so I can at least participate in any discussion about it here.

A friend of mine had started to do a tour de burger in NYC awhile ago but it got sidetracked.

Mike

"Msk"

Okay, Saturday the 11th at Molly's Pub - 287 3rd ave. @ 24th, 212-889-3361.  Shall we say 1:00?  Who's in?

This is the Molly's we want tommy, right?

I'll be at the Pig Pickin' that day, but I've already tried Molly's burgers and give them the thumbs up :smile:

Sometimes When You Are Right, You Can Still Be Wrong. ~De La Vega

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it hasn't been in the oven long enough.

so alacarte,

you trying to say it should cluck like a chicken when it comes out of the oven?

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Oh dear, I forgot about the pig pickin. Seems like enough people are around anyway. At least the important ones. :biggrin:

We'll raise a glass to North Cackalackey.

herb, can you make it? pnapoli?

Edited by elyse (log)

I'm there.

K

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

herb, can you make it?

nope. sorry. i'll join katie and anyone who wants to swing down this way for one.

bleu, rouge, or any of the bars that serve stuff a step above normal bar food would be good (standard tap, royal tavern, bishop's collar, new wave cafe, etc.)

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

I can go on Monday days, not nights. I'd second the Old Town Bar though I haven't been in a while. Last week I had the Homstead burger, someone else was paying, and it wasn't close to worth the money but it was enough for at least 2 people. Ed Levine loved the Luger's burger in his review in the Times last year, if the club ever goes to Luger's please let me know cause I'm in for sure.

Sam, how would that feret taste between two buns with some ketchup?

Completely aside from the fact that I find this profoundly offensive because I had pet ferrets myself at one time...

I'm thinkin', "Furry and not scented like anything I'd want to eat voluntarily", would be the answer.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

I can go on Monday days, not nights. I'd second the Old Town Bar though I haven't been in a while. Last week I had the Homstead burger, someone else was paying, and it wasn't close to worth the money but it was enough for at least 2 people. Ed Levine loved the Luger's burger in his review in the Times last year, if the club ever goes to Luger's please let me know cause I'm in for sure.

Will do.

There will be no ferrets eaten in this club. Period.

herb, can you make it?

nope. sorry. i'll join katie and anyone who wants to swing down this way for one.

bleu, rouge, or any of the bars that serve stuff a step above normal bar food would be good (standard tap, royal tavern, bishop's collar, new wave cafe, etc.)

If someone wants to give me a ride....