• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

herb, can you make it?

nope. sorry. i'll join katie and anyone who wants to swing down this way for one.

bleu, rouge, or any of the bars that serve stuff a step above normal bar food would be good (standard tap, royal tavern, bishop's collar, new wave cafe, etc.)

If someone wants to give me a ride....

Oh yes! Come play with us in Philadelphia! It's a day trip in that direction too!

We can eat burgers, and Herb and I will show you around. We can run up the steps of the Art Museum a la Rocky to work off the burgers and work up an appetite for whatever other Philadelphia delights you'd wish to sample on a day trip. A stop at Reading Terminal Market is fun, or a swing by the Italian Market could be amusing as well. A stop a La Colombe coffee for a mid-afternoon espresso to get us recharged might be appropriate. I'm not so sure that burgers and cheesesteaks on the same trip is a wise decision. I'll leave that up to you... :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

herb, can you make it?

nope. sorry. i'll join katie and anyone who wants to swing down this way for one.

bleu, rouge, or any of the bars that serve stuff a step above normal bar food would be good (standard tap, royal tavern, bishop's collar, new wave cafe, etc.)

Oh yes! Come play with us in Philadelphia! It's a day trip in that direction too!

We can eat burgers, and Herb and I will show you around. We can run up the steps of the Art Museum a la Rocky to work off the burgers and work up an appetite for whatever other Philadelphia delights you'd wish to sample on a day trip. A stop at Reading Terminal Market is fun, or a swing by the Italian Market could be amusing as well. A stop a La Colombe coffee for a mid-afternoon espresso to get us recharged might be appropriate. I'm not so sure that burgers and cheesesteaks on the same trip is a wise decision. I'll leave that up to you... :biggrin:

I will run up the steps of the Art Museum a la Rocky if you first drink a dozen eggs. :biggrin::blink:

speaking of burgers,,,,,,,,,,, i ate a Corner Bistro burger (tonight), in under 5 minutes tonight, i think that the bartender was scared of me. mmmm it was great. and then i went to jefferson and had their yummy marscapone icecream, yuummmy

"Is there anything here that wasn't brutally slaughtered" Lisa Simpson at a BBQ

"I think that the veal might have died from lonliness"

Homer

I will run up the steps of the Art Museum a la Rocky if you first drink a dozen eggs.

Sorry, Elyse. Official rules dictate that the "tourists" drink the Salmonella cocktail. :biggrin:

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

Besides, I'm not a tourist, I'm a burger hunter.

Burger Hunter. Hmmm... I see a new FoodTV series in the works!

I kind of like Burger Huntress myself! :wink:

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

herb, can you make it?

well, get a sidekick. or bat those baby blues at someone and be their sidekick.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

herb, can you make it?

I will run up the steps of the Art Museum a la Rocky if you first drink a dozen eggs. :biggrin::blink:

i'm wondering how bad that would be. tried my first raw egg last week. wasn't that big a deal.

a dozen? maybe one of these days. not enough incentive tho.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

No Fucking Chance???

Sort of like my own personal version of the NFL:

Not Fucking Likely... :laugh:

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

Katie is correct.  (Potty mouth.) :biggrin:

Yeah - and what's your point, Miss Thing? :biggrin:

I just understood the obvious!

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

Oh yes!  Come play with us in Philadelphia!  It's a day trip in that direction too!

We can eat burgers, and Herb and I will show you around.  We can run up the steps of the Art Museum a la Rocky to work off the burgers and work up an appetite for whatever other Philadelphia delights you'd wish to sample on a day trip.  A stop at Reading Terminal Market is fun, or a swing by the Italian Market could be amusing as well.  A stop a La Colombe coffee for a mid-afternoon espresso to get us recharged might be appropriate. I'm not so sure that burgers and cheesesteaks on the same trip is a wise decision.  I'll leave that up to you... :biggrin:

I'm in. I have a couple of friends I need to visit in Philly, so I can kill 2 birds with one stone :smile:

Sometimes When You Are Right, You Can Still Be Wrong. ~De La Vega

Was Pop Burger mentioned? I don't notice it. Has anyone tried it? That's Roy Liebenthal's new place in the meatpacking district. Should this guy be totally dismissed? His other place (Pop?) blows.

Katie is correct.  (Potty mouth.) :biggrin:

My Aunt Gladys used to call it "toilet talk". :shock:

BTW, Molly's is one of my burger standardbearers. I also love J.G. Melon @ 1291 3rd Ave (corner of 3rd and 73rd or 74th). My wife and I will try to make it on the 11th. Should we get a head count at some point so we can warn the good folks at Molly's Pub & Restaurant, Shebeen?

Edited by mikeyrad (log)