• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Burger Club

elyse

Nick and Dave, have you been following the thread, but just decided to partake in the emoticon discussion? :hmmm:  I mean :wink:

what's wrong with that?

i follow a whole buncha threads. sometimes for days before posting.

in fact, i know i asked somewhere about how to do the upside down exclamation point on the keyboard somewhere, and i know somebody answered me, and i don't remember where i made the comment.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Gee, 033102thanx_1_prv.gif! I am a bit over the top with the emoticons sometimes, but they're such fun!

The site I use is Emoticons4U. A few others are on Hotbar.com. Perhaps the eGullet Powers That Be can see if we can get permission to use their emoticons on this site. They are out there in cyberspace for free after all. We really need this one:

1291.gif

What's a food site without a drooling smiley? :laugh:

Edited by KatieLoeb (log)

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Yes, we've been waiting for a drooley emoticon.  And a vomiting one.

There's a selection of vomiting emoticons HERE

There's also masturbating smileys :shock:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Yes, we've been waiting for a drooley emoticon.  And a vomiting one.

There's a selection of vomiting emoticons HERE

There's also masturbating smileys :shock:

Here's my emoticon 1.gif

hillbill 6666

Gustatory illiterati in an illuminati land.

Suzanne,

Better Burger is sort of a healthy fast food burger place. Its certainly not a pub style or decadent burger. You can't even tell them how you want it cooked!

IMHO not worth a trip by the BC.

Msk

Better Burger is sort of a healthy fast food burger place.  Its certainly not a pub style or decadent burger.  You can't even tell them how you want it cooked!

i was tempted to suggest that any place where you can't order a temp should be ignored. however, that would count out Sally's Sliders and some others. i'm torn.

Better Burger is sort of a healthy fast food burger place.  Its certainly not a pub style or decadent burger.  You can't even tell them how you want it cooked!

I, for one, can attest that there is nothing "better" about the burgers they serve. They are without doubt the worst burgers I have ever had in Manhattan.

--

Okay then, no Better Burger. :smile:

If the BC ever tries MJ Grill (casual sibling of Luger-knockoff MarkJoseph Steakhouse), you can do it at a time I can't attend. I had a bacon-cheeseburger there last night, and filled in the whole evaluation sheet. It's definitely worth checking out.

It probably doesn't warrant a trip just for this, but my favorite favorite burger is made at this izakaya-ish place in williamsburg called Snacky. They've got Japanese, Chinese and Korean small plates, most of which is good. Sake, soju, beer, no booze. Really cute place.

Anyway, they make this thing called The Popsie Burger, which uses these sweet Chinese buns, provolone cheese (i think) and a spicy mayo. Instead of fries you get shrimp chips. It's really cute, sort of like a slider but taller (because of the bun, mostly).

No relation to Pop burgers (Snacky has had Popsies for over a year).

Snacky

187 Grand Street between Bedford and Berry. 718.302.9800

Edited by bpearis (log)

"If it's me and your granny on bongos, then it's a Fall gig'' -- Mark E. Smith

It probably doesn't warrant a trip just for this, but my favorite favorite burger is made at this izakaya-ish place in williamsburg called Snacky. They've got Japanese, Chinese and Korean small plates, most of which is good. Sake, soju, beer, no booze. Really cute place.

Anyway, they make this thing called The Popsie Burger, which uses these sweet Chinese buns, provolone cheese (i think) and a spicy mayo. Instead of fries you get shrimp chips. It's really cute, sort of like a slider but taller (because of the bun, mostly).

No relation to Pop burgers (Snacky has had Popsies for over a year).

Snacky

187 Grand Street between Bedford and Berry. 718.302.9800

Please tell me you're joking! For the love of . . . . !!! Please!

Can you get it without the sweet chinese bun, provalone, and spicy mayo? If so, I AM IN!

This is Burger Club. Not Chefs Fucking with Food Club. :wink:

Can you get it without the sweet chinese bun, provalone, and spicy mayo? If so, I AM IN!

This is Burger Club. Not Chefs Fucking with Food Club. :wink:

well, how about just putting it off until second round?

get thru with the basic burger thing evaluations and stuff this time.

then, maybe in six months or a year, round 2 is interesting variants and how well they do it.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.

Please tell me you're joking! For the love of . . . . !!! Please!

why would i be joking? i wasn't claiming it's the best burger in new york. but it is very delicious and everyone i know likes them. the meat is good and they're only $2. don't knock it till you try it. not destination food, but if you happen to be in the neighborhood... a mere five or six blocks from peter lugers.

sorry, thought this was a more general thread about good burgers in new york and didn't fully realize the steingarten-esque nature of the quest.

Edited by bpearis (log)

"If it's me and your granny on bongos, then it's a Fall gig'' -- Mark E. Smith