• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

egullety dinner at Rutt's Hutt

tommy

I would love to attend this as I haven't had a ripper in a year or so after them being a staple in my diet through the late 80's and early 90's(oh to have the stomache and metabolism that I had in high school). However, I already have plans to be at Kyoto on the 5th - oh well - next time. Hope you all enjoy. :smile:

A.D.S.

I am so there!

If it was a bit warmer I would even wear my Rutt's t-shirt!

I doubt we would need to call ahead to get a table in the "dining room"

If one had Rutt's for lunch what could they possibly eat for dinner? White Castle? Ohh your poor tummy!

a'ight. here's the list so far:

NJ2FLA

Double 0

=Mark

Jason and Rachel Perlow

Kim WB (possible)

Thereuare (possible, and eating hamburgers if he does show :hmmm: )

Rail Paul and Dee

Finker (possible)

John (the hot dog guy)

anon #1

me

i'll make a call to see if we need "reservations." i'm not even sure that the person answering the phone will know what a reservation is. i mean, some people have reservations about eating there, but other than that, you know, they don't know from reservations.

7 pm

Wednesday, March 5

Edited by tommy (log)

i'll make a call to see if we need "reservations."  i'm not even sure that the person answering the phone will know what a reservation is.  i mean, some people have reservations about eating there, but other than that, you know, they don't know from reservations. 

7 pm

Wednesday, March 5

Say Tommy,

Or maybe just give the owners a general warning that a large and potentialy raucus crew were about to descend. This way you could tell them that at least 10-15 ppl were definite, but that the potential for a bunch of drop-ins was also present. That way we could leave the event open till the last minute. Kinda like what was done at The German bar over the summer.

Of course there's an agenda here :smile: . I'd like to commit but at the same time, leave the date open for potential family stuff. ("You're going to *another* eGullet event?" :shock: )

I've not been to Ruttt's, and would defer to your knowledge, but from what I've read, it seems to be a very casual bar and grill that also sells food (albeit good stuff).

Nick

I take the train to Delawanna , which is right down the block from Rutt's Hut. After reading all of the posts, I swung past the place last night around 6:30 p.m. and the lot was full. I mean full. Perhaps a wedding or graduation! Anyway, you all should have fun. Not an overly religious person myself, just keep in mind that next week is Ash Wednesday and some people don't eat meat on that day. Have fun. Wish I could join you but it's my Mom's birthday and she might panic if I took her there.

Heuriger Wein is mein Lieblingswein!

I swung past the place last night around 6:30 p.m. and the lot was full. I mean full.  Perhaps a wedding

Wasn't yesterday National Hide The Ripper Day. :biggrin::biggrin:

I'm a NYC expat. Since coming to the darkside, as many of my freinds have said, I've found that most good things in NYC are made in NJ.

I take the train to Delawanna , which is right down the block from Rutt's Hut. After reading all of the posts, I swung past the place last night around 6:30 p.m. and the lot was full. I mean full.  Perhaps a wedding or graduation<bg>! Anyway, you all should have fun. Not an overly religious person myself, just keep in mind that next week is Ash Wednesday and some people don't eat meat on that day.  Have fun.  Wish I could join you but it's my Mom's birthday and she might panic if I took her there.

wiener, thank god i'm agnostic. maybe we'll get you out next time.

double 0, you're a sick bastard.

and, rosie can't make it, but she's arranging for 4 bottles of turley. she said she'll drop 'em off at about 5. i'll bring the stemware.

"and, rosie can't make it, but she's arranging for 4 bottles of turley. she said she'll drop 'em off at about 5. i'll bring the stemware."

I can't drop them off till 9 PM. Will you still be there?

If that's the obstacle, I can stop over and pick them up, Rosie.

I'll be there around 1230. If there's any left, I'll bring it over to Rutt's. No problem, no problem at all.

Rippers a la Helen, has a nice ring to it.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

and, rosie can't make it, but she's arranging for 4 bottles of turley.  she said she'll drop 'em off at about 5.  i'll bring the stemware.

ok...now I am really cllose to hiring a babysitter..describe thes dogs in the best way you know how, jersey Board, and I'm leaving these kids behind!!!LOL.

and, rosie can't make it, but she's arranging for 4 bottles of turley.  she said she'll drop 'em off at about 5.  i'll bring the stemware.

ok...now I am really cllose to hiring a babysitter..describe thes dogs in the best way you know how, jersey Board, and I'm leaving these kids behind!!!LOL.

Bring them along, Tommy wil entertain them whille I drink Rosie's Turley...

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Bring them along, Tommy wil entertain them whille I drink Rosie's Turley...

WAIT..IF EVERYONE GOING AGREES THAT IT TAKES A VILLGE TO RAISE A CHILD..LOL!