• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

I bought a panini press! Now what?

Smithy

39 minutes ago, lemniscate said:

I'm one to talk, my panini press came from the MOMA store on clearance, clearance, clearance after an Italian themed installation.   The brand is Milantoast, which I had never seen here in the States.   It's a heavy beast.

Well c'mon, show it off and strut your stuff!

• Like 2

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Just a little reminder that quesadilla type things work well --if you don't mind cleaning up some cheese off the maker that is lol.  It gets the tortillas nice and crisp without having to use oil and especially without having to flip them over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Just a little reminder that quesadilla type things work well --if you don't mind cleaning up some cheese off the maker that is lol.  It gets the tortillas nice and crisp without having to use oil and especially without having to flip them over.

I just found a package of corn tortillas in the freezer. Does it work with corn tortillas as well as flour tortillas?

• Like 1

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

19 hours ago, Smithy said:

I just found a package of corn tortillas in the freezer. Does it work with corn tortillas as well as flour tortillas?

I've never tried corn but I don't see why it wouldn't!  I'd maybe brush a bit of oil on ....but you might not even need to do that. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Shel_B said:

Great link ... that's the old Alton that I loved!

I missed that when Kerry first posted the link, so thanks for the quote! Gotta admit I thought the "pizza" they showed looked pretty puny, but there are some interesting ideas there. Hmm, I might even get adventuresome and try the omelette idea. When I don't have company, that is.

• Like 1