• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Zojirushi Multi Cooker

lindag

Zojirushi has just come out with a multi cooker.

However, it appears to have some problems.

Looking forward to seeing this product when they've ironed out the kinks.

See Amazon reviews, lots of issues.  Made in Chine.

71xc6fUwJbL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ElsieD said:

The bad reviews are surprising.  Their stuff is usually highly rated.  I have one of their rice cookers and a bread machine and love them both.

Agreed.  Same here.

• Like 2

On Amazon.ca 80% of the ratings are 4 and 5 stars. Criticism mostly seems to revolve around its relatively low power.

I have to say, it feels weird to see a self-described multi-cooker that doesn't pressure cook. It's been a while.

• Like 2

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

While I'm usually a very big fan of any of the Zo products I would pass on this one because

#1  Too large, I'd prefer a smaller size, probably around 4-qt.

#2   According to reviews it is underpowered, unforgiveable when it can't steam efficiently

#3  Pot interior is not non-stick.

#4   Cannot pressure cook (a multi cooker that can't pressure cook?)

#5 There is a better product that does what this one does at a lot  less cost..  (and I already own it Cuisinart (eG-friendly Amazon.com link) and it is perfection in a slow cooker.)

• Like 1