• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

How do they do that? (the bonbon thread)

kevnick80

I've done something like that before with stamps I bought at Hobby Lobby.  I used gold cocoa butter and stamped onto the finished and unmolded bonbon.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bentley said:

I've done something like that before with stamps I bought at Hobby Lobby.  I used gold cocoa butter and stamped onto the finished and unmolded bonbon.  

And did this work for u, what was the result? 

• 3 weeks later...

The same question was asked a few weeks ago. I once carried out a test with stamps. As soon as I find the time, I will publish a tutorial in the Facebook group "https://www.facebook.com/groups/1413728595685917". 

!Foto163.thumb.jpg.b8b83ef740429e9e2477fa46fb3efa6a.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It doesn’t have to be complicated. It could probably be done by folding in a caramel in your nougat and just roll it out in a frame. Or it could be a simple version of leaf croquant.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2022 at 4:19 PM, Chocolate_touu said:

And did this work for u, what was the result? 

Sorry I didn't see this question.  Yes it worked very well.  Nice crisp images.