• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

McDonald's 2013–

Toliver

Mickey D's will be introducing a new menu item soon (Sept. 9th): wings!

" 'Mighty Wings' landing at McDonald's "

The wings will be sold in packs of three, five and 10, starting at $2.99. And customers can choose from nine sauces, ranging from creamy ranch to chipotle barbecue.

Is anyone in the test markets and have you tried them?

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

Mickey D's will be introducing a new menu item soon (Sept. 9th): wings!

" 'Mighty Wings' landing at McDonald's "

The wings will be sold in packs of three, five and 10, starting at $2.99. And customers can choose from nine sauces, ranging from creamy ranch to chipotle barbecue.

Is anyone in the test markets and have you tried them?

I am, and they are actually quite tasty. Crispy, (they're battered in some fashion), very meaty. The sauces suck though.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is McD China's latest offering.

Black and white contrasting burgers The one in the black bun with white seeds is pork; the other is chicken. I'm told they come as a pair with fries and a Coke.

attachicon.gifmcd.jpg

Wow! I'm a sesame seed junkie; wish we had that here in the States!

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

• 4 weeks later...

Wings were decent. crispy with a spicy batter. not greasy. mine were quite hot (temp) and freshly made.

sauce as mentioned above is awful.

i had the 3/pack. they have the usual McD staying power. more than 3 .... yourve on your own.

BTW in my view the wings were not especially big. more average in size.

Edited by rotuts (log)

• 3 weeks later...

"Ketchup changeup: McDonald's dropping Heinz after CEO change"

McDonald's Corp on Friday said it plans to end its 40-year relationship with ketchup maker H.J. Heinz Co, since that company is now led by Bernardo Hees, the former chief executive of hamburger rival Burger King Worldwide Inc .
The switch will be more apparent overseas than in the United States, as McDonald's only serves Heinz ketchup in two domestic markets - Pittsburgh and Minneapolis, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported on Friday.

I wonder who makes McD's "Fancy Ketchup"?

“Peter: Oh my god, Brian, there's a message in my Alphabits. It says, 'Oooooo.'

Brian: Peter, those are Cheerios.”

– From Fox TV’s “Family Guy”

Tim Oliver

I got a McDonalds Steak McMuffin cause I was curious about the 'steak' cause their last "steak" was stacked steakums cut.

Hmmmmm,

Tell me what YOU all see in these pics

http://i.imgur.com/ZUtU3Xp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jotK2rH.jpg

I aint eatin' it....

Edited by GlorifiedRice (log)

Wawa Sizzli FTW!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

McDonald's to offer poutine across Canada

http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/news/story/1.2454323

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

So ... when are the Lunch Ladies going ?

:blink:

So far we've never stooped THAT low. There are better options for poutine even in Ontario.

• Like 1

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

My 2004 eG Blog

take a few ' hits ' for the team?

its not that there are better options, and I sure hope there are ...

its about hits for the Team.

1/2 / LL's only get one. that's 1/2 hit // LL's

not so bad ...

pics please

:huh:

• Like 1

take a few ' hits ' for the team?

its not that there are better options, and I sure hope there are ...

its about hits for the Team.

1/2 / LL's only get one. that's 1/2 hit // LL's

not so bad ...

pics please

:huh:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Just for you, rotuts, Kerry and I stooped! After lunch we drove through the McDonald's drive through, wearing shades and wigs so as not to be recognized, and ordered poutine.

Kerry reached for the cheese curds and exclaimed, "They squeak, they squeak". In fairness we agreed that we have had worse poutine. But to support the cheese and gravy a sturdier fry is really needed.

• Like 4

My 2004 eG Blog

In a hurry yesterday to go from the dentist then to the gym, I stopped at McDonalds that was almost next door and got the McRib.

OMG it was nasty. Almost slimy from the over application of sauce. I took a couple bites and threw the rest out.

Should have gone for the chicken sandwich that's always good.

""" wearing shades and wigs """

but of course ! many thanks. excellent review. if they had this S. of the Border, Id try it. once. I guess.

For those who can't get enough about this new food from McD's, here's another review:

http://www.thestar.com/life/food_wine/2013/12/11/mcdonalds_poutine_taste_test_how_does_it_compare.html

My 2004 eG Blog

thank you for the ref.

no poutine S. of the border

how ever this struck my in the review:

"" each bite delivers that pleasing balance of crunch and cream and sauce that only poutine can ""

"" It’s not half bad."

So ..... who is paying whom?

Id rather go to Old Montreal ( French you see ) and slide up to the Old :

http://schwartzsdeli.com/ca/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=8

Edited by rotuts (log)