• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amazing Hot Dog

ejebud

Hi Eric,

We will FIND YOU...if given some directional guidance. Really...I drive 2 hours for a bbq sandwich, so getting off the the interstate and looking for you is reasonably consistent with my food-hunter personality!!

We'll find you when you open and look forward to a great dog!

Best!

chef salad

Chef salad,

Unfortunatley we are no where near Trenton--yet.  but who knows, someday perhaps in Central Virginia... all it takes is a dollar and a dream.

Eric

Glad it worked out! I will stop in if I'm still working in the area when you open.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

It's been a busy Saturday for me. Those who saw the window last night will notice the differences:

gallery_16368_1642_168433.jpg

gallery_16368_1642_261859.jpg

I got to meet alot of friendly nieghbor who were out and about today. I'm given more evidence that we landed in the right location.

Eric

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

Ahhh yes weiner man doesnt look so lonely anymore...still disturbing but no longer lonely :biggrin:

T

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Ya--definitely better! And between you and Mardi Gras, it's now officially a trend to show old-fashioned food-related items in the front window of your store! :laugh:

Btw, nice license plate, Eric--noticed it on the way out last night. :smile:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Eric, by the way. Good luck with the restaurant. I'll be in.

Yeah, probably to steal my ideas and convert AAG into AAHDG (An American HOT DOG Grill!! :laugh::raz:

I look forward to the day that I may serve one of, in my humble opinion, the greatest chefs known to mankind! at least in New Jersey,..um...Randolph that is.

Seriously I'd love to see you.

Eric

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

WE HAVE A RESTAURANT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!  We got approval by way of unanimous vote.  Our perserverance has paid off and this chapter of the Amazing Hot Dog story is closed.  Now we get to work our butts off and spend a whole lotta money.  gOing for permits tomorrow AM and calling all our contractors and equiptment vendors who have been waiting in the wings.  I am so relieved.  I'll try to document as best as I can both verbally and visually ie photos.  Thanks for all your support thus far and if you ever drive by and see the door open or lights on PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop by and say hello.

Eric

I'm very late on this, but congratulations! Can't wait to stop by for a hotdog!

Blessed are those who engage in lively conversation with the helplessly mute, for they shall be called, "Dentists." (anonymous)

Life is too short for bad Caesar Salad. (Me)

Why would you poison yourself by eating a non-organic apple? (HL)

Eric,

I just saw the picture of you and your partner on the cover page of the Verona Cedar Grove times.  Great write up!

-NJ2FLA

Link to the story.

Hey, Thanks alot!! It WAS a good write upand the general pulse of the people we have met so far is extrememly positive!! Thanks for posting a link to the story, I have been REALLY busy and hadn't had a chance to. As always, stop by and say hi if your in the area.

Eric

Edited by ejebud (log)

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Folks!!, Just a quick pictoral update on the progress of the restaurant. Exciting things are happening and we are nearing closer and closer to our projectied opening of January 15th-ish.

REMOVAL OF SUSHI BAR-SAYONARA!!

gallery_16368_1642_1003063.jpg

WALL?? WE DON"T NEED NO STINKIN WALL!!

gallery_16368_1642_411776.jpg

AHH, MUCH BETTER!!

gallery_16368_1642_204267.jpg

PRE SIGNAGE, um SIGNAGE

gallery_16368_1642_288869.jpg

EATING COUNTER

gallery_16368_1642_597239.jpg

gallery_16368_1642_895342.jpg

gallery_16368_1642_265694.jpg

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

SO glad you shared these, Eric! Lookin' good...

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."