• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

** VOTE FOR eGullet.com in the TOP 100 Culinary Sites! **

Well, well, well :)

FineCooking.com are the guys moving up the poll at an estimated 2,000 votes per week !!!!!  Someone there obviously knows how to beat the one-vote-per-day bar :biggrin:

The good news is that we should have Rosie back at #11 very soon :)

eGullet's been moving up from a consistent 40 hits per 12 hour period over the weekends, and about 30-35 per 12 hour period during the week. Hit 49 per 12 hours overnight Sat-Sun.

Rosie's getting surges of hits, but nowhere near as many as eGullet. Holly's gettin' hammered, and other folks have outpolled him in several recent measuring periods.

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

• 1 year later...

Yeah, we kind of stopped doing it because it's relatively futile to try to push us higher.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

If you time it properly, you can vote twice in one day. It used to be easy, but now I think they record the time better, so you have to do it 12 hours apart.

Vote early and often, as they used to say in Chicago. Or Jersey City. Or Five Points. Whatever.

Good thing I revived this thread.  It had been dead for 14 months, laying dormant in the archived eGullet tomb.

I never saw it either. I voted :biggrin:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

We MUST move to the first page! Come on, we can get to #25!

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host