• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Snacking while eGulleting...(Part 1)

Uncharacteristically, nothing.  It's too bloody hot* . . . 

Cold mango. And it is bloody hot.

Thanks for reassuring me I'm not exaggerating about the weather, mcdowell. I was beginning to think I'd gone crazy with the heat!! :wacko:

Cold mango sounds infinitely appealing right about now . . .

Yes it's too bloody hot! And I'm drinking a frozen guava Margarita to keep cool! :cool:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

A pre-prandial nosh of picante Spanish chorizo and Mancheco cheese.

I had to look up prandial. Thanks X :blink:

Right now eating gravlax made with the usual mix of sugar/salt/pepper/lemon juice, but it was brushed with Tequila and coated in crushed cilantro before being wrapped and put up to cure. Very southwestern (and inspired by a suggestion in the CIA Garde Manger book).

Wild salmon was on sale at Whole Foods last week, and I can't resist a sale :biggrin:

Edited by mcdowell (log)

Inauthentic quasi-paella. Specifically 'vegan paella' from the hot deli at the new (to me) natural foods store, improved with shrimp/scallops/calamari and some smoked paprika. With the last of the gift bottle of white bordeaux.

Edit to add now motchi. For the first time ever. Mango. Bigger than I expected. Always nice. Didn't know about the strange marshmallow coating.

Edited by KNorthrup (log)

A dill pickle.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Better Made Special Hot! Hot! Red Hot! Barbeque potato chips.

My absolute favorite, even if they do turn my fingers red and make my mouth burn. Made right here in Detroit, thank you very much.

They don't sell them in bags larger than 4oz, unfortunately. Or maybe that's good, since I've been known to eat an entire 4oz bag in one sitting... :unsure::huh:

Went out to the garden an hour ago and dug a few potatoes, picked some kohlrabi and few green beans. Threw 'em in a pot with some chicken stock I made last night, added a big onion, celery and some bacon. Boiled it til the taters and 'rabis were tender, and I am right now burning my tongue cuz I can't wait for it to cool.

sparrowgrass