• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Modernist Bread at Home"

On 3/16/2024 at 11:36 AM, rotuts said:

@ElsieD

are the courses 'time limited ?'

if you start later , you don't get ' # 1 ? '

I'd like to know the answer, too. There's not a chance I can start something like that course right now, but maybe later, when things slow down (if they ever do) I'd like to give it a whirl.

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Aha, here's the answer: the course is free, although it references the (not free!) book, and it's availabl through August.

NYT article (should be unlocked and free)

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Posted (edited)

my MB@H emails are comming

I think they start them when you sign up

and if you sign up later than the first email

you will get that first emil

then the others in the same prosession 

as an earlier subscriber

if you've baked bread before

the initial ones are really news

but if you are starting out

they would be very helpful..

Edited by rotuts (log)
  • Like 2

My MB@H course emails have yet to arrive. I have sent a query to Modernist Cuisine's support staff.

I do have the first course because a kind eGullet'er forwarded the emails to me.

Good to know that Rotus is getting the course emails!

@rotuts nothing in my spam or junk folders and no bounced email. I think that I may have been blocked for multiple requests. Also found some chatter on their social media about other people having sign up issues. Modern Cuisine replied to those posts and told those people to message them. So, they may be having intermittent issues with their course subscription sign up.

Edited by curls (log)
  • Thanks 1

@curls

pleased you have the book

and are looking into it .

Im pleased MC  chose to create this book.

lots can be said about MC.

and their books are quite different in format 

and content .

and cost . .

but what is in the books 

isn't repeated chatter 

from the internet .

same as all instructional cookbooks used to be 

w MC   they took pictures .

they do inspire .

• Like 3

I signed up for the course.  Got the first email tonight.  Ordered a bread pan from Amazon.  Unlikely I will ever purchase Modernist Bread at Home as I have all fifty some pounds of MB.

• Like 4

Cooking is cool.  And kitchen gear is even cooler.  -- Chad Ward

Whatever you crave, there's a dumpling for you. -- Hsiao-Ching Chou