• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anova Precision Oven: Features, Accessories, Troubleshooting, and "Should I Buy One?"

FauxPas

1 minute ago, Sid Post said:

I could always put it on the perforated pan they sell but, the crust wouldn't end up as I like it.  Hmm, maybe a Cordierite or Steel sheet would work to keep the crust crispy.

All the pans are smaller than the inside dimensions of the oven. Check out those Copper Diffusers!

36 minutes ago, Sid Post said:

Yep, they are 13" in diameter.  Sounds like I would have to chop the crust off a little to get it to fit the APO or perhaps let it thaw some to smoosh a little but, then it probably would not cook well directly on the rack since it would likely sag a bit under the racks wires.

I could always put it on the perforated pan they sell but, the crust wouldn't end up as I like it.  Hmm, maybe a Cordierite or Steel sheet would work to keep the crust crispy.

FWIW, I have this pizza stone too. Pretty snug fit, they call it 15 x 12

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0769X1QPZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1