• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tired of the options? Generate your own Brooklyn menu.

paulraphael

Hilarious.  this is what I got:

THE STARR
seaweed spread with water    11
sunflower toast with arugula bruschetta & pepper    16
bluefish with blistered peach    13
artichoke    11
stubbed salt & turned monkfish skewers    18
shell bean jam & fig    14
rubbed sungold tartare & rye bowl    17
frightened gravlax tacos    12
bison discs with miniature marrow sliders    11
seasonal rice with cider eggplant croquettes & oyster    11

CENTRAL & VAN BUREN

---

pepper waffle & sungold    9

rubbed rice & pan-seared sardine    8

tormented booze    12

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

CENTRAL & VAN BUREN

---

pepper waffle & sungold    9

rubbed rice & pan-seared sardine    8

tormented booze    12

I think the tormented booze would go really well with the frightened gravlax tacos.

• Like 1

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Here's me:  I'm especially excited about the free-range rice, the natural pepper with salt and the awakened figs.  So much better than the sleeping figs I've been getting.

THE SCHAEFER

japanese rye    10
sea-salt eggplant    10
monkfish    14

turned kraut platter & ramp    16
blistered farfalle with market anchovy    14
free-range rice, butter reduction & cider artichoke    16

natural pepper with salt    14
plum    18
marrow frittata with fennel sliders & corn panini    18
awakened fig & hand-pulled orecchiette    11