• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Can We Custom Create an ELECTION DAY Menu Tradition?

Hey Folks...

We need a menu for Election Day. Lets start some traditions...

Like my TAX DAY MENU is No Frills Mac and Cheese and Baloney Samiches on Wonder Bread and Canned Green Beans.

What are some creative food ideas for Election Day?

Some kinda green slime dessert and Huge Gummi Rats?

Fried Snake Kabobs?

Try not to be partisan here.

Wawa Sizzli FTW!

In one of my cookbooks--a newer one--there is a whole section on election day dishes.  In a lot of my older ones they include chapters like that, too.  Slow-cooker and casserole type dishes mostly so that the ladies that help at the polling sites can come home and have dinner done.  

I think one of those meatloaf dishes that is baked to look like a cake--you know, frosted with mashed 'taters?  Because with politicians you think you're getting one thing, and you usually end up getting another lol.

• Like 4

Starey gaze pie after overexposure to a glut of tv political ads, robocalls, and political mailings.

Edited by Arey (log)

"A fool", he said, "would have swallowed it". Samuel Johnson

Still thinking about the main course, but I'd include brioche, as in the comment attributed to Marie Antoinette, "qu'ils mangent de la brioche" (let them eat cake, a rough translation) to the hungry masses who could not afford bread.  We know how well that went over.

Actually, there's a tradition around here of having school bake sales near polling stations (indeed there's an election day kerfuffle in RI to reinstate them, they've been banned as a felony), So in my house, dessert would come from an election day bake sale.

• Like 2

Hehum,   I need  a rose, a cornflower,  a dandelion, a liverwort blossom,  a red carnation , a wood anemone and four leafed clover.  Stir into a  big pot  , add a blue M and  wait a bit, if you want to you can sprinkle a touch   cloud berry blossom , a hammer , a sickle, a cog, a yellow flower, a sunflower and a little bit of different brightly coloured letters and  a nuclear power plant and you have the soup called Swedish politics.

Oh for the added  arrr flavour, a pirate flag... I nearly forgot that party..

Cheese is you friend, Cheese will take care of you, Cheese will never betray you, But blue mold will kill me.

Baloney sandwich says it all!

• Like 1

~Martin :)

I just don't want to look back and think "I could have eaten that."

Unsupervised, rebellious, radical agrarian experimenter, minimalist penny-pincher, and adventurous cook. Crotchety, cantankerous, terse curmudgeon, non-conformist, and contrarian who questions everything!

The best thing about a vegetable garden is all the meat you can hunt and trap out of it!

"""  "just desserts." """

unfortunately  this will never happen

as these 'Election-aros'  control their own Grid and are not subject to several Doz. laws that we are

Why not ? they control the Laws Themselves

so 

hard liquor is the only hope for us

are only Gain is finding some w/o the tax stamp

or making our own.

• Like 2