• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

• product-image-quickten.png.a40203b506711f7664fc62024e54a584.pngDid you know that these all-volunteer forums are operated by the 501(c)3 not-for-profit Society for Culinary Arts & Letters? This holiday season, consider a tax-deductible Quick Ten Bucks to support the eG Forums and help us remain completely advertising-free. Thanks to all those who have donated so far!

Ly Qw

L'ambroisie chocolate tart

7 posts in this topic

Has anyone successfully made this at home before? The recipe from their cookbook isn't descriptive enough and I've had moderate success with it but the sabayon texture just looks much more aerated in the ambroisie version

28vvamp.jpg

My attempt

The original:

jrxiec.jpg

Drop me an email: Lennard2305@gmail.com

The recipe is in french though :/

Probably it's just a matter of the kind of chocolate. I suppose you are using a chocolate with more cocoa mass and less cocoa butter than the one used in the original. Is it written what kind of chocolate they are using, besides the %? Cluizel?

Teo

My pastry blog (in Italian language): http://www.teonzo.com/

They are using 70% and I think I am using the same (have to check)

Never tasted the original!