• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Take Home Pizza - How do you store it?

Shel_B

OK, you just took delivery of you favorite pizza, or maybe you went to pick it up. In any case, it arrived at your place in the ubiquitous cardboard box. Now, how do you store the leftover slices? Do you just leave 'em in the box; do you put the box in the fridge; do you leave the slices in the box sitting on a counter or table; do you wrap the slices in foil? What works for you?

... Shel

I put two slices in a zip lock bag and freeze them. Why two? Because three can freeze into a inseprable mass and because two is a serving size...sometimes

To eat I microwave till unfrozen and then toast in the breville smart oven.

I'm crazy enough to choose pizzeria based on which freezes better or which eats better fresh which isn't always the same. Two Cousins beats Pizza Pro for freezing.

Like gfweb I usually toss a couple of slices into a ziplock and freeze. The last pizza I had was so awful I simply binned it. I am off pizza now for a while.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Leftover pizza? What's that?

That's the case here, as well. In the rare event that we have leftover pizza, it gets zip bagged and tossed in the fridge, and promptly disposed of in my tum the next morning for brekkie.

Elizabeth Campbell, baking 10,000 feet up at 1° South latitude.

My eG Food Blog (2011)My eG Foodblog (2012)

Cut them into small cookie size squares, after they have been frozen, vacuum bag them to save freezer space.

They make nice pizza cookie appetizers or small snacks.

dcarch

I like that idea!

... Shel

Plastic..Tupperware type containers ..work..for food consumption..in the next three days...your tring to preserve some type of moisture..in the crust and topping...not sure you ever get that crispy crust

Its good to have Morels

• 4 weeks later...