• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: jgarner53 - New kitchen: new food

I agree what the others have posted - that is one cute cat picture (of course, very cute tabby too!).

In the Philippines and here in Korea (I just found this out recently) the crusty rice at the bottom of the pot is also cherished and divvied up - like what Smithy posted. My mom and grandmother would purposely fire up the rice pot to produce a nice brown crust which my Dad and sister-in-law would hoard among themselves.

Ooh! DG, that crust ... what's the word for it? (My Asian Cuisine chef would smack me upside the toque for forgetting.)

Aside: I'm getting ready to go through what your family is now, JGarner, and will access this blog to remind myself that others have lived through it, and very well.

in the Philippines the yummy brown rice layer is called idtip (sp??)

Jennifer, I agree about curry as comfort food. I also think the leftovers make the best breakfast possible, so I always make lots more than we can eat for one meal. And, we use the same brands of things! I have made my own curry paste on occasion, but it is a real time commitment. Have you ever made your own paste? What other Thai dishes did you learn in the class?

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

Jennifer - I am SO enjoying your blog so far - we've missed you over in P&B and I am looking forward to the rest of your week. Thank you for sharing with us.

Congrats on the promotion at work! Remember when you first started there?! I don't suppose you make Princess Cakes and could take a few photos? :biggrin:

Does aiki_brewer use his powers for good or evil?

Only evil. Sweet, delicious evil... :rolleyes:

who's the adorable avatar girl?

That's JGarner53 herself, about age 5, I think. She's just as cute today, though a bit less blond...

:biggrin:

Edited by aiki_brewer (log)

"I would kill everyone in this forum for a drop of sweet beer." - Homer Simpson (adapted)

Wow, so many questions to answer! I'm glad you're all enjoying this. Part of me is amazed that anybody's that interested in what I eat for a week. :blink:

sounds like your husband and mine (from reading the most recent post on his blog) share some skeptical sensibilities...i think my husband just finished 'the god delusion'...uh-oh! and i'm a pastry chef. we'll have to meet one day as we only live in cupertino.

Wow, that is a coincidence. Every year in his Christmas stocking, I give aiki_brewer an issue of Skeptics magazine. The best was the issue that had the Mythbusters (also local faves) on the cover.

And as to whether he uses his powers for good or evil, I guess that depends on whether you are good or evil, doesn't it? :raz: Perhaps he will chime in on this one.

who's the adorable avatar girl?

That's me at about age 4. This is what I look like now, taken in the demolished kitchen in about February, while the heat was still off. Aiki_brewer is next to me.

gallery_17645_4180_224220.jpg

Aside: I'm getting ready to go through what your family is now, JGarner, and will access this blog to remind myself that others have lived through it, and very well.

Right now, with the mindset I'm in today (I'm pissed - see this morning's post in my reno thread as to why. But right now, I just want to scream noooooo! don't do it! We started off so placid and peaceful, and everything was great, but now, three months later as things drag out, I am so over the whole remodeling thing. I highly recommend the Kitchens forum on GardenWeb. That and a lot of wine! :laugh:

With regard to the refrigerator door: since your contractor's guys were the ones who didn't install it properly, I'm thinking he owes you a new handle, or a slight price break. You haven't fully settled up yet, have you? And do you have definitive information (yet) that the freezer isn't malfunctioning?

Yes, if the fridge repair guys hadn't said they'd replace it, I would have asked GC to pay for it and the labor to install it. As of right now, nobody gets anymore money until this is all done, and if it's not done by Friday (he promised last Friday), nobody gets anything. Period.

we've missed you over in P&B

I haven't been much on eG at all in the last few months. All summer I lived over on GardenWeb researching and focusing on planning the kitchen. A girl can only spend so much time online every day.

Congrats on the promotion at work! Remember when you first started there?! I don't suppose you make Princess Cakes and could take a few photos?

Thanks! I'm finally getting the hang of production, and Easter went relatively smoothly - my first holiday. I do remember - I was so enamored of it all! The gloss has worn off a bit now, but overall it's still a pretty good place to work. We don't make Princess cakes, though. Sorry!

I have made my own curry paste on occasion, but it is a real time commitment. Have you ever made your own paste? What other Thai dishes did you learn in the class?

I use MaePloy curry pastes. They are in about a pint-sized container and last forever if you keep them in the fridge. We did a lot in the class over 4 weeks: tom yum goong, calamari salad, pad thai, masaman curry, mango and sticky rice, black sticky rice pudding, steamed red snapper mousse in lettuce cups, some vegetable dishes, pad ga prow (one of my faves and so easy!). The only thing we didn't make that I also love is larb! :wub: I actually prefer a Thai brand of fish sauce (we had a whole lecture on fish sauce in the class), but I can usually only find it at Thai markets, so I just go with Tiparos instead.

A non-local aside, but there are great Thai markets in Thai-town in LA. On a recent No Reservations, Anthony Bourdain was all over Thai town. I was stunned he didn't see the Thai Elvis at Palms Thai since he was at a bakery literally right next door. But since we don't get down to LA more than twice a year anymore (we are both originally from Orange County), trips to Thai town are a rare luxury. There is a Thai market in Berkeley, and a tiny one here in SF as well.

OK, on to breakfast! When I have the time, I like to start off with some fruit. This time of year it's grapefruit. When I was growing up, we always had some fruit with breakfast. My favorite then was sliced bananas with lots of sugar and milk! For some reason, my camera did not want to shoot the grapefruit in focus. Of about 6 shots, this was the best one:

gallery_28660_4440_38954.jpg

Now that I know where all my pots are, and we have eggs again, I could make scrambled eggs. I know that the common reasoning is that you cook them low and slow, but I find that they work for me just fine if I cook them pretty quickly. Some butter in the pan (oops, notice that the stove isn't quite level front to back as the butter slides right to the back of the pan), let it heat, toss in the eggs, and bing bam boom, you have scrambled eggs. Add a toasted bagel, and it's a huge breakfast!

gallery_28660_4440_123488.jpg

I washed up and emptied out the kitchen while my water for tea was in the microwave. I could get the kettle out, but it's just one more thing to put away every day right now. I'm now done with my tea and while I could and should go to the gym, I want to be here when/if GC shows up today. There's a can of whoopass in my kitchen, and I need him here when I open it. :wink:

"I just hate health food"--Julia Child

Jennifer Garner

buttercream pastries

I started with the rice. In my Thai cooking class, we learned a technique for steaming rice that will guarantee it never overcooks and won't crust onto the pan. Also, the pot I was using for the curry would have been the rice pot, so I needed an alternate method. I also don't have a rice cooker. What you do is this: In a heat-proof bowl (I use Pyrex), measure out your rice and cover by about 3/4-inch of water. It's been a while since I made rice this way and only remembered halfway through that it should have been boiling, but it seems not to have mattered. Place the bowl in a large stockpot on the stove with about an inch or so of simmering water in it (I put in a silicone hot pad to cushion the bowl). Cover and steam for about half an hour. You can even turn the heat to low once the rice is done, and it will stay warm that way.

Okay, possibly dumb basic science question.

I know that most Pyrex ovenware is not to be used over a source of direct heat (open flame or electric burner). Wouldn't the bottom of a pot sitting on a source of direct heat also pose the same problem?

(This may not really be a problem for me, as there is a CorningWare casserole dish in my cookware collection.)

Wow, so many questions to answer! I'm glad you're all enjoying this. Part of me is amazed that anybody's that interested in what I eat for a week.  :blink:

What? You mean to tell me you haven't been reading the foodblogs yourself?

We're a deranged bunch, I tell ya. Asking people to show us their fridges, indulge Pocky fetishes, and stuff like that.

Please, Ma'am, I want more!

Sandy Smith, Exile on Oxford Circle, Philadelphia

"95% of success in life is showing up." --Woody Allen

My foodblogs: 1 | 2 | 3

I know that most Pyrex ovenware is not to be used over a source of direct heat (open flame or electric burner). Wouldn't the bottom of a pot sitting on a source of direct heat also pose the same problem?

Hasn't ever been a problem for me. I put a silicone hot pad in the bottom of the stock pot. I would think that maybe that provides enough of a heat sink that it doesn't affect it?

What? You mean to tell me you haven't been reading the foodblogs yourself?

I used to read them religiously, but kind of stopped a while ago and haven't been reading them lately. I love the voyeuristic thrill of hearing about other's food, but I don't shop everyday at exotic outdoor farmer's markets, or cook gourmet extravaganzas or host fantastic dinner parties with 37 courses. 360 days a year I probably eat cold cereal for breakfast. Typically one of us cooks something that lasts 2 or 3 days and we eat leftovers. I'm cooking every night for this just so you all don't get bored! (What, leftover curry again?) I guess I'm just worried that I won't measure up to the high bar set by all the previous bloggers. :unsure:

Jennifer Garner

buttercream pastries

[ I guess I'm just worried that I won't measure up to  the high bar set by all the previous bloggers.  :unsure:

Jennifer, you'll note that my last blogs have been filled with disaster, and we've had take-out at least once or twice! Minneapolis in May when it did nothing but rain and it was a smoking and grilling blog? Anything but exotic. I quite frankly think that the Bay Area is exotic!

You mentioned earlier that you didn't larb in your Thai food class. You can click here and find out more about love and making of larb than you ever thought necessary. There are also some recipes in RecipeGullet. Larb is one of the easiest and most forgiving foods there is (also makes for a great breakfast).

Palm sugar is made from palm trees and is common in southeast Asian cooking. After a trip to Thailand 3 years ago, I came back enamored of the cuisine and determined to learn how to make it myself. I found a woman in Berkeley who's a cookbook author and cooking teacher, who teaches very popular (she has a wait list) Thai cooking classes in her home as well as leading food-based tours of Thailand periodically. We learned a lot about Thai ingredients, tasted different brands of coconut milk to get a feel for the differences in quality, and then would collaboratively make a meal of the week's recipes and sit down to a family-style dinner at the end of the night. It was a great class, and I learned a lot.

A few years ago I picked up "It Rains Fishes" by Kasma Loha-unchit in a used book store. Then I found her website. If I lived near Berkely, nothing could keep me from taking her classes.

Do you buy palm sugar in the hockey puck shape or in the plastic jar? Yesterday, I decided to buy the stuff in the jar and almost changed my mind. Some of the jars had a thin liquid layer. One had a fly floating in it. Eww.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

I used to read them religiously, but kind of stopped a while ago and haven't been reading them lately. I love the voyeuristic thrill of hearing about other's food, but I don't shop everyday at exotic outdoor farmer's markets, or cook gourmet extravaganzas or host fantastic dinner parties with 37 courses. 360 days a year I probably eat cold cereal for breakfast. Typically one of us cooks something that lasts 2 or 3 days and we eat leftovers. I'm cooking every night for this just so you all don't get bored! (What, leftover curry again?) I guess I'm just worried that I won't measure up to  the high bar set by all the previous bloggers.  :unsure:

the beauty of the foodblogs is that every single one is different and unique.. and yet they all share that one thing: people who love food.

Your new kitchen is wonderful. I love the green!

gallery_28660_4440_112142.jpg

Is that spring enough for you? It's the cherry tree on the sidewalk in front of our house. We planted it in 2000.

No? Want more? The rhodies have just started blooming.

gallery_28660_4440_10786.jpg

It's probably in the mid-60's today. I was just sitting outside enjoying the sun on the front porch in a t-shirt and jeans. Pic came out, too and spent a minute or two writhing around on the porch before heading off to munch on the grass.

gallery_28660_4440_36579.jpg

Now, back to your regularly scheduled foodblog.

A few years ago I picked up "It Rains Fishes" by Kasma Loha-unchit in a used book store. Then I found her website. If I lived near Berkely, nothing could keep me from taking her classes.

Do you buy palm sugar in the hockey puck shape or in the plastic jar?

Kasma was indeed the person I took my class from. I found her to be a great teacher. My palm sugar is in a jar like peanut butter, but it didn't look weird or anything when I bought it.

Lunch was uninspiring, just leftovers from Saturday's trip to the Shanghai Dumpling Shop, a hole in the wall with unenthusiastic service but the most amazing soup-filled dumplings! They serve steamed dumplings filled with some kind of meat/veg filling and broth. When you bit into them, the broth squirts out. We also order other things and always get way too much food for just the two of us. This time we got lion's head meatballs, these baseball-sized delicately seasoned pork meatballs that are simmered in a soy-based sauce. Three come to an order, and we didn't finish one. :shock: We also ordered minced pork noodles that, in retrospect, were flavored a little too close to the meatballs, but were yummy nonetheless and garnished with cucumber. Aiki_brewer's been working on this for a couple of days. Today I finished off the noodles and one of the meatballs and had a little rice.

gallery_28660_4440_53055.jpg

Full, but wanting a bit of sweet, I grabbed a couple of leftover Robin's eggs (malted milk balls in a crunchy coating) from the candy jar on the (dusty!) coffee table. The candy jar was my grandma's.

gallery_28660_4440_131723.jpg

Now I really need to get inspired to type up a final, comprehensive list of everything my contractor needs to get done to finish my kitchen and maybe start cleaning. The cleaning is so overwhelming at this point that it's hard to know where to start at all.

Jennifer Garner

buttercream pastries

Yum, malted milk eggs.

What an undertaking - to blog and reload the kitchen at the same time, while whooping the ass of the GC. Good luck all round!

"You dont know everything in the world! You just know how to read!" -an ah-hah! moment for 6-yr old Miss O.

I agree what the others have posted - that is one cute cat picture (of course, very cute tabby too!).

In the Philippines and here in Korea (I just found this out recently) the crusty rice at the bottom of the pot is also cherished and divvied up - like what Smithy posted. My mom and grandmother would purposely fire up the rice pot to produce a nice brown crust which my Dad and sister-in-law would hoard among themselves.

Ooh! DG, that crust ... what's the word for it? (My Asian Cuisine chef would smack me upside the toque for forgetting.)

Just to make a note... I haven't heard of the brown rice crust called as "idtip" (and I know 3 Filipino dialects). Maybe it is another Filipino dialect. But in Tagalog/Filipino, the brown rice crust is called "tutong" (pronounced as tuh-TONG)

Doddie aka Domestic Goddess

"Nobody loves pork more than a Filipino"

eGFoodblog: Adobo and Fried Chicken in Korea

The dark side... my own blog: A Box of Jalapenos

while whooping the ass of the GC.

She's called me in to play the heavy - that thunderous sound you hear is me cracking my knuckles in preparation for pulling the ring on that can of whoop-ass... :angry:

"I would kill everyone in this forum for a drop of sweet beer." - Homer Simpson (adapted)

She's called me in to play the heavy

Remember, he is pure evil! I wouldn't want to be GC at this point! The man has a sword, and he's not afraid to use it! :shock::raz::biggrin:

Jennifer Garner

buttercream pastries

I'm so enjoying this blog. I'm envious of people who have access to so many interesting stores and markets.

I used to go to San Francisco a couple of times a year but now it has been two years this month. It reminded me when I saw your cherry blossom as we had gone for the Cherry Blossom Festival. It was a drizzly, windy day so it took a lot of the fun out of it.

I'm fascinated by the remodeling you have done and it looks to be very well thought out.

It's probably in the mid-60's today. I was just sitting outside enjoying the sun on the front porch in a t-shirt and jeans. Pic came out, too and spent a minute or two writhing around on the porch before heading off to munch on the grass.

Awwwwwwww! As I type this, my household's orange kitty is lolling about on top of my computer monitor--isn't he lucky I didn't spring for the flat-screen model! If only cats had opposeable thumbs, I'd be lining up to reincarnate as one--they have The Life, don't they?

Lunch was uninspiring, just leftovers from Saturday's trip to the Shanghai Dumpling Shop, a hole in the wall with unenthusiastic service but the most amazing soup-filled dumplings! They serve steamed dumplings filled with some kind of meat/veg filling and broth. When you bit into them, the broth squirts out.

My fellow San Diegan and passionate blogger about little Asian hole-in-the-wall restaurants, mmm-yoso, has a special thing for those soup-filled dumplings, which are called xiao long bao. Here's an entry from his blog in which he demonstrates making them from scratch. If you search his blog, you'll find several other entries about SoCal restaurants that specialize in these dumplings.

Anyone who starts out their blog with green curry is OK by me (not that you need my approval or anything). Cool tip on the rice, too. I need to try that. I am insanely envious that you were able to take a Thai cooking class from Kasma Loha-unchit.

Palm sugar: I have tried both kinds, and prefer the type that comes in a jar. The brand that I buy is sealed with a waxy layer, which would keep out floating flies (or at least preserve them nicely). :hmmm:

I am not certain, but aren't the soup-filled dumplings called char siu bao?

Your kitchen looks beautiful so far, and I eagerly await the big reveal. Your house looks way cool, too. I hope the mere threat of the sword is effective on the CONtractor, and that no actual dismemberment will be necessary. If hubby does use the sword, take pictures for use in future home renovation projects. :shock:

Blog on!

Edited by C. sapidus (log)

My understanding is that char siu bao are doughy buns stuffed with Chinese barbeque-flavored roasted pork (char siu), usually with no soup involved; whereas xiao long bao are dumplings made with flat dough wrappers wrapped around a filling of meat and gelatinized broth.

Char siu bao

Xiao long bao

The trick with the soup is that the (cold) gelatinized broth liquefies when the xiao long bao are steamed, producing the mouthful of soup that gushes into one's mouth when one eats these. (The other trick, according to mmm-yoso, is getting the amount of gelatin and meat filling, and the seal on the wrapping, just right so that the dumplings don't leak or burst while being cooked.)

My understanding is that char siu bao are doughy buns stuffed with Chinese barbeque-flavored roasted pork (char siu), usually with no soup involved; whereas xiao long bao are dumplings made with flat dough wrappers wrapped around a filling of meat and gelatinized broth.

Ah, thank you Miz. D. And now, we return to our regularly scheduled programming. :smile:

gallery_28660_4440_112142.jpg

Is that spring enough for you? It's the cherry tree on the sidewalk in front of our house. We planted it in 2000.

No? Want more? The rhodies have just started blooming.

gallery_28660_4440_10786.jpg

Oh, maa-aan! We have another snow storm headed our way! :hmmm:

What I love about driving along the Central Valley at this time of year is the rows and orchards of blossoming trees. I grew up farther south than the cherry blossom area, but your cherry blossoms make me think of it: groves luminous with blossoms, on the branches and already fallen, setting the orchards and grounds aglow. Give me citrus (especially orange) blossoms for the perfume, and stone fruit blossoms for the light.

While you're marveling at the attention to personal detail in the food blogs, don't forget that we've gone beyond just refrigerator and kitty and renovation shots. We also need to see hands in action, and handwritten shopping lists.

In your case, the hand-written whoop-ass checklist will do as well. :laugh:

Nancy Smith, aka "Smithy"
HosteG Forumsnsmith@egstaff.org

Follow us on social media! Facebook; instagram.com/egulletx; twitter.com/egullet

"Every day should be filled with something delicious, because life is too short not to spoil yourself. " -- Ling (with permission)
"There comes a time in every project when you have to shoot the engineer and start production." -- author unknown

Char siu bao

Xiao long bao

The trick with the soup is that the (cold) gelatinized broth liquefies when the xiao long bao are steamed, producing the mouthful of soup that gushes into one's mouth when one eats these. (The other trick, according to mmm-yoso, is getting the amount of gelatin and meat filling, and the seal on the wrapping, just right so that the dumplings don't leak or burst while being cooked.)

Reminder, if you go to the Cook-offs you'll note that II is the buns and XXVI is Soup Dumplings!

don't forget that we've gone beyond just refrigerator and kitty and renovation shots. We also need to see hands in action, and handwritten shopping lists.

Oh man! And I thought I was doing so well! Kitty porn and everything! :raz: I have handwritten maps of where everything will go when I can put it away - would that do? I'll see if I can scan them tomorrow.

Give me citrus (especially orange) blossoms for the perfume, and stone fruit blossoms for the light.

Growing up, my family would often make trips out to Palm Springs for Easter vacation, and I loved getting to the part in the long ride where you could smell the orange blossoms! We have a flowering plum tree now, next to the cherry, and I absolutely adore their fragrance. They bloom in January, so the tree's now nicely leafed out. The rhodies and cherry blossoms are my true sign of spring, here where we have no real weather (not that I'm complaining, mind you).

If only cats had opposeable thumbs, I'd be lining up to reincarnate as one--they have The Life, don't they?

Who needs opposable thumbs? I'm definitely returning as a pampered house cat. Sleeping in the sun all day? Finding a warm lap at night? Man, that's the life! :rolleyes:

I'm fascinated by the remodeling you have done and it looks to be very well thought out.

Thank you. So far it seems to be working well. I mean, aside from not having my tools or ingredients in place, the workflow itself seems to be good. I am really enjoying the higher counters (38 inches rather than the standard 36). Prep is much more comfortable and feels easier now that I'm not reaching down to the cutting board, or bending over it. The stove's new location is good, too, though, in the old kitchen, I was used to being able to dump something in a pan and reach over with my left arm and put the bowl in the sink. Now it takes a (small) step. I love having light over my cooking, too! It's fantastic to see what's going on. Just getting things out of the fridge is easier, or will be once the door's installed properly and doesn't swing wide every time it's opened. The old fridge opened the other way, so you had nowhere to go to put stuff once you took it out, except to close the door and walk back to the counter.

And that leads me into tonight's dinner: basa filets misoyaki. I pulled this recipe of the internet a few years ago and haven't made it in a while. I'd probably vary it a bit now; the flavor seems a bit off, maybe not sweet enough.

I started by mixing the marinade ingredients this afternoon and putting the fish into a ziploc bag with it for a few hours.

gallery_28660_4440_130524.jpg

It felt better to have brown rice tonight. I love the earthiness and chewiness of brown rice, particularly the short grain variety, and managed to find some without too much looking (first box!) The simmer function on my new range is so great - not a single boil over! (No matter how low I set the flame, or how big a pot I used, I'd always get at least one boilover with rice before)

While the rice got going, I sliced some zucchini and made the salad. I also poured myself some wine, leftover from last week, but vacuum sealed. Not the greatest wine, but passable. I admit to not being much of a wine snob. I rarely buy a bottle for more than $10. I far prefer reds, sticking mostly to zins or syrahs. This one I'd bought to go with the last of the frozen baked ziti last week.

gallery_28660_4440_28599.jpg

Tonight I was going to try out the fancy pants infrared broiler on the range. ooooo! Infrared! :laugh: The old range had a flame powered broiler underneath the oven (for those not up to speed on the old kitchen, the old stove was a well-loved O'Keefe & Merritt from the late 40's) that I rarely used because it was tricky to get the broiler pan in and out, based on where the oven was in the kitchen. The broiler pan, after suffering 60 years of abuse, was also a beast to clean.

I lined the broiler pan with foil and sprayed the top well. Still, the pan's in the sink, soaking. Any good tips on how to keep a broiler pan from being a PITA to clean? The fish filets went on and into the oven. I heated up the rest of the marinade and brushed it on about halfway through. A couple more minutes, and the fish was perfectly done. I really think that's a first. :unsure::shock::smile:

I also sautéed some zukes in olive oil and then sauced them with soy and sesame oil at the end. If I had sesame seeds, I might have thrown them in, too, but oh well. Another time.

gallery_28660_4440_135647.jpg

The zukes splattered up a bit when I first threw them in. It's really surprising how low you need to set the flame on this range to get the same heat or more that I struggled to eke out of the old range.

Aiki_brewer wanted to show off his beer with the plated dinner shot. He brewed a batch of California Common (like Anchor Steam) for GC at the beginning of our project, kind of an extra thank you. Now, we're not sure we want to give him any of it, given what we've been through. But he held out a couple of sample bottles, and this was what he was drinking tonight. We'll see if GC can meet the deadlines we set before we decide on the beer.

gallery_28660_4440_191071.jpg

The heat from the zuke pan set off the new smoke detector just outside the kitchen again. It seems awfully sensitive, but managed to shut itself off after a few beeps. Either it figured we'd died, or woken up and were escaping our now burning house. :hmmm:

I overcooked the zukes a little, so they were softer than I'd have liked, but otherwise tasty. The fish, as I said, was perfect, and went well with the rice.

For dessert, aiki_brewer had stopped by Mitchell's on his way home to pick up some ice cream. Purple flavor!

gallery_28660_4440_145634.jpg

Yes, it really is this purple. :rolleyes: It's ube, or purple yam, flavor and pretty tasty, though not my favorite. I haven't checked, but I think if I went into the bathroom and stuck out my tongue, it would be purple. :laugh:

This being Tuesday night, tomorrow is my Monday, meaning Wednesday. I get up at 3:45, scarf a quick cold cereal breakfast (I will try to remember to take pics) and rush off to get to work by 4:30. I open Wed. and Thur. which means 4:30. Otherwise it's 5. So you won't hear from me until after I get home, probably not before about 3pm. I know I have some product testing to do after the regular work is all done. I will take my camera, never fear!

It also means an early bedtime (it's 9:15) to be able to function in the morning. Sigh. I hate Tuesday nights. Crap, I just realized I need to clip my fingernails, too, before going to bed.

Good night! I know I'll be thinking about this all day, wondering what you all are saying about me while my computer's off! Just remember that aiki_brewer will be watching you! :cool::biggrin:

Jennifer Garner

buttercream pastries

Just to make a note... I haven't heard of the brown rice crust called as "idtip" (and I know 3 Filipino dialects). Maybe it is another Filipino dialect. But in Tagalog/Filipino, the brown rice crust is called "tutong" (pronounced as tuh-TONG)

ilocano :smile: