• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Favorite Food Gifts to Give?

LoveToEatATL

The weather is finally warming up a bit here in Atlanta and that makes me want to get in the kitchen and roll my sleeves up.

Since it's just my husband and I, I thought some gifts might be in order...

Right now I have english muffins resting before I put them on the griddle.

Am planning to make Peeps for Easter, as well as homemade lemon curd and freezer jam.

What treasures from your kitchen do your friends crave?

Patti Davis

www.anatomyofadinnerparty.com

As in truffle truffles? Not chocolate truffles? Do you give them any advanced warning? I know I would be a bit miffed and slightly inimidated if I was suddenly handed a whole truffle that would go bad in a week.

I make a lemon butter that is really good spread on toast. Cakes occasionally, chocolate truffles as well. Chocolate mousse for a friend who is obsessed with them.

PS: I am a guy.

MIFFFED? I think I could make use of a whole truffle in an expedient manner!

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

• 3 weeks later...

I like cooking for my Family,(4 kids including my husband), but I am not an excellent cook (not bad, but not oustanding) so for my friends I usually offer them chocolates from CHuao (www.chuao.com san Diego) or from chocolat Frederic Loraschi (Hershey www.chocolatfl.com) or as well I get them gift certificates (not big) from nice new affordable restaurants in the San Diego Area such as "cavaillon" .....outstanding provencal food or Tapenade in La Jolla.

Africa