• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NYC Chocolate Show

Bond Girl

I'm going!!! I plan to be there on the Friday, and deffinately don't want to miss Anil Rohira's demo on Friday at 6 (I think... maybe it's 6:30). There's a thread in the P&B section that follows a class that he gave earlier this year and I would be really excited to meet him. Last year I met Jacques Torres, and again this year Jacques demo will be at 3:30 on Saturday. The amount of people that go on the Saturday is insane, be ready to be pushed and bumped into... (even though everyone is on a good chocolate high) ... so I had to make an executive decision to only attend on the Friday (especially that the tickets are 25$ this year, and last year I had a 50% discount off the 20$ price...). Also, I will be missing Ewald Notter's demo on Sat, but since Anil Rohira worked so closely with him, I'm just as happy to meet him. Also, really looking forward to Jacques Wicked hot chocolate!! YUMMMY. I can't wait! :biggrin:

Edited by Tweety69bird (log)

Don't waste your time or time will waste you - Muse

Oh HELL yes. HELL yes. My best friend is in town that weekend...we'll both go wreak havoc.

Basil endive parmesan shrimp live

Lobster hamster worchester muenster

Caviar radicchio snow pea scampi

Roquefort meat squirt blue beef red alert

Pork hocs side flank cantaloupe sheep shanks

Provolone flatbread goat's head soup

Gruyere cheese angelhair please

And a vichyssoise and a cabbage and a crawfish claws.

--"Johnny Saucep'n," by Moxy Früvous

Stupid question - anyone know if you can get tickets at the door? I found the website here: Chocolate Show, but it um...crashed my browser...

I ask because best friend and I aren't sure which day we'll be going.

Omigod, GET YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE!!! :shock: The line up at the door in insanity. If you get your tickets before, you can walk right in and get inside. Also good to know that if you do have tickets, you don't have to be in the crazy line that goes around the block. This year the tickets are being sold through Ticketmaster, so I don't know how fast you can get them, unless you have the option to print them out right away (I think you do). I believe tickets are day-specific, so if you can print them out right before you leave for the show, you're laughing.

Edited by Tweety69bird (log)

Omigod, GET YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE!!!  :shock:  The line up at the door in insanity. If you get your tickets before, you can walk right in and get inside. Also good to know that if you do have tickets, you don't have to be in the crazy line that goes around the block. This year the tickets are being sold through Ticketmaster, so I don't know how fast you can get them, unless you have the option to print them out right away (I think you do). I believe tickets are day-specific, so if you can print them out right before you leave for the show, you're laughing.

You can pick-up the day of; they also have overnight delivery!

"We had dry martinis; great wing-shaped glasses of perfumed fire, tangy as the early morning air." - Elaine Dundy, The Dud Avocado

Queenie Takes Manhattan

eG Foodblogs: 2006 - 2007

Omigod, GET YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE!!!  :shock:  The line up at the door in insanity. If you get your tickets before, you can walk right in and get inside. Also good to know that if you do have tickets, you don't have to be in the crazy line that goes around the block. This year the tickets are being sold through Ticketmaster, so I don't know how fast you can get them, unless you have the option to print them out right away (I think you do). I believe tickets are day-specific, so if you can print them out right before you leave for the show, you're laughing.

Excellent, thank you, when we decide which day to go I'll buy & print out the tickets via Ticketmaster then. I was more worried about it selling out, but on second thought, um, it wouldn't, right?

It's a tough call. I'm pretty damn thrilled about the series of culinary demos and the chance to meet industry professionals (I'm fresh blood here). Also, I can't wait to get to Felchlin's booth; his is one of the few high-end lines I haven't had a chance to experience.

Formerly known as "Melange"

I was more worried about it selling out, but on second thought, um, it wouldn't, right?

I don't think they'd run out of tickets... at least I hope not!!

You can get a 4-day professional pass including the Thursday morning Trade Preview $35 in advance or $60 at the door

lapatisserie, would you be able to tell us how to go about obtaining a professional pass? It's too late for this year, but will be useful for next year, I didn't see anything about that on the Chocolate Show website. Thanks!!

I was more worried about it selling out, but on second thought, um, it wouldn't, right?

I don't think they'd run out of tickets... at least I hope not!!

You can get a 4-day professional pass including the Thursday morning Trade Preview $35 in advance or $60 at the door

lapatisserie, would you be able to tell us how to go about obtaining a professional pass? It's too late for this year, but will be useful for next year, I didn't see anything about that on the Chocolate Show website. Thanks!!

I went back to the website to see what the link was but it does not appear to be there anymore. I was able to print out the registration forms on line but had to pay by check. The passes will be available for pickup upon arrival with presentation of business card or legal ID. The email I received back has a phone

number to answer any questions .....Colleen at 212.889.5810

lapatisserie, thank you for the info. It's too late for this year, but I will be prepared for next year. I wonder how many EGulleters will be at the show! I leave Montreal tomorrow for the drive up to NYC. I am SOOO excited! :raz:

I timed the readings I am giving for my new book specifically so that I can be in NYC for the Chocolate Show, which I have been salivating over for several years. For the average chocolate lover, how long should one allow to see everything? I'm trying to decide about squeezing the show in on Friday afternoon/early evening after some meetings and before a play, or Saturday morning, when I won't have any other commitments (but I've heard it gets really busy on Saturday.)

Any advice?

Neil Plakcy

NYC readings listed at www.mahubooks.com

Edited by plax (log)

Author of the Mahu series of mystery novels set in Hawaii.