• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

staff meal

get in my belly

Shredded Chicken burritos, rice, chili, corn on the cob.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Katie, that sounds sooo good. I had a scrap of potato crusted mahi ( and I mean scrap), fries w/ b/c dressing, and a Redbull like drink mixed w/ iced tea ( I know on another thread I said I dislike iced tea) and lemon aide. Caffiene and sugar make me work hard.

I am off Sunday, gonna cook ribs at the folks house. No hurricaines, It is finally summer in Florida.

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

being as it was sunday {the day of all evil and touture for me}the day was quick but it sucked . :huh: am i had one of those nibble eveeything days between running around like an idiot with one leg .pm went in early and didnt stop movin till 8 30 :shock: thats when the grazing began we all got hungry at the same time too and we were all bitter...............so what you thinkin ........steak , yep me too . med it is , little brandy sauce,.......... butter , cream, cracked black , brandy and salt .tore that up then to the fish and chips killed that with the quickness saracha tarter mmmmmmmmmm saracha :wub: then some cix strips with honey :smile::wink:

Today was pay-day. I bought a sub at the grocrey store

and ate it at work. hmmm...ok, I had some mashers as always, but sometimes the food you look at and smell (and smell like) everyday does not do the trick.

Oh I did have a sly coffee cup of black bean soup.

Belly I need your co-worker to send me some carne asada con frihole(sp) frita y ensalada guacamole.

p.s. I am drunk. I should not atempt to spell Mexican Spanish. But I did, sorry....

Edited by LJFATS (log)

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

Chicken Pot Pie filling type stew and buttery mashed potatoes. Yummy!

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

Today my co-workers and I could not eat any more of the left overs from the weekend's parties. So we sent out:

My boss: BLT

Co-worker #1: turkey, pastrami, sauerkraut, coleslaw, swiss on rye with fries

Co-worker l#2: breakfast sandwich (egg, bacon, etc.) & fries

Me: Grilled cheese and a couple of fries snitched from # 1 & # 2

The food our kitchen produces is great, but some times you just need a break.

Laurie

Beef sauteed with onions and broccoli, cheese and saffron risotto with chanterelle mushrooms, green salad, and some chicken wings. The risotto was all extra left over from a catering thing. I took a bag of it home with me too.

Pat

"I... like... FOOD!" -Red Valkyrie, Gauntlet Legends-

A big fat juicy burger with lots of onions in the mix, doused in plenty of mustard

Slaw, to which I added extra vinegar. I wanted sharp flavors yesterday.

A few pieces of apple-smoked bacon.

E-meal was chili mac, broccoli in cheese sauce, green salad, bagels, muffins, fruit salad, and chickens stuffed with wild rice.

I had some of the chili mac and half of a bagel with cream cheese.

And about 4 fountain Cokes.

Noise is music. All else is food.

My one co-worker and I had SERIOUS falafel cravings. Unfortunately, the suburb where we work has no Middle Eastern places. Decided to take a break from our kitchen left-overs. We had:

Supreme burger with fries

BLT on pita (excellent)

BLT on wheat with fries

Gyro (no fries, trying to be healthy)

Ate together as a team (!) (there were 4 of us, so you don't think we ate all that) and got some good design ideas for things this weekend, which we didn't come up with at our staff meeting yesterday!

So, Food Helps.

Laurie

mmmmmmm that all sounds good falafal mmmmmmmm hummus is one of my faves to . today so far has been some pork scooby snax and some bites of fruit and some toast when i had the chance . was soooo good little bite of pork and then little bite of fruit . till tonight .

You know, you pros --- I am immensely jealous of your shaft meals. I thought they were meant to be miserable raft-eating affairs. But, hey, they sound like superior meals. I'm enjoying this thread a whole lot.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

Maggie, sometimes, it's a mix of the good, the bad and the ugly -- and then, sometimes, the really really good.

I'll keep track of what I eat today, Saturday and Sunday and post it for you. :smile:

Right now I'm off to scrounge in my own fridge for lunch, then off for prop shopping for the buffets, then in to work and then tonight to an off-site set up. One thing on my to-do list is to see if I can manage to find/arrange for food for our set-up crew for tonight. A lot of our staff are high school kids, so I try to look out for them -- you know, make sure they get breaks and eat.

Laurie

hello all :raz: was so tired last night i passed out sitting up .....dont you hate that . :blink: last night they made a chicken stew with pasta and fried wontons in it , it was really spicy and very good . then today am i had some pancakes they were these frozen pre fab crapcakes but they were edible ate them with honey then for lunch had a bowl of bosmatti rice mmmmmmmm soooo good and i put pumpkin seed oil and tobasco and portabello mushrooms and salt mmmmm mmm mmm mmmmmm .

side story one of the funniest things ive seem in awhile is this kid was tring to take some exterior lights down from the outside of the building today , he strapped two milkcrates together then strapped those to his feet . as a stilts type deal , just picture that . i carefullly folowed him around the building to make sure he didnt hurt himself . i turned my back for one sec and hes flat on his back with his faat in the air it was trully one of the funnniest things id seen in a while he was ok . so it was funny :laugh::laugh:

Sadly, there was nothing in my fridge at home (you know, the Shoemaker's-children-have-no-shoes syndrome).

Snacked on croutons snitched from the speedrack everytime I went back and forth through the kitchen.

Then some pizza my boss treated us to.

Tomorrow should be MUCH better. Our staff has it pretty good -- they pretty much eat what the guests eat.

Ate my weight in mashed potatoes (ok not really), piece of fried grouper, some chipolte beef soup (spicey), pinched some ham and cheese prep for sunday brunch. Let's see, some tiramisu, a piece of prushuto, and I fried up some cheese squares that came back from a buffet. And Mt. Dew.

Here comes another hurricane :angry: . Rain isn't cute anymore.

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

The last few days I've been unable to muster any enthusiasm for food at work. I'm starting to see the attraction of running out to get lunch even though there's tons of food for free right in front of me (and I don't have to sneak, since I'm in charge and I don't have a staff).

Feh.

The last few days I've been unable to muster any enthusiasm for food at work. I'm starting to see the attraction of running out to get lunch even though there's tons of food for free right in front of me (...)

I get that way too. Like today. We were catering a wedding party where the entree choices were either beef tenderloin or grilled salmon, and there were plenty of leftovers, but I just didn't want to eat any of it, even though it did look good. Sometimes I just plain forget to eat, and make myself do it just to make sure I have enough fuel to get through the day.

Anyway, yesterday's staff meal: some kind of prawn and cream sauce thing, mushroom risotto (same batch from two days ago), salad.

Today's staff meal: beef, broccoli, cauliflower and risotto (hehe) all mixed into a stew, salad. Good thing we all like risotto, and it's rib-sticking food too.

Also snacked on a croissant, two skewers of chicken satay, and chunks of pineapple and melon while making fruit salsa. Won't be eating any dinner tonight.

Pat

"I... like... FOOD!" -Red Valkyrie, Gauntlet Legends-

been so busy ive been passing out cold . like i cant even remember when my head hit the pillow and when i woke up . i might be going crazy :wacko::huh: crazy people rock :biggrin: AM i had a turkey tomato chedar and bacon wrap that i crammed down my gullet between tickets almost giving muself stitches after biting a finger or two :hmmm: it was good tho .the finger that is :biggrin: PM was my doing blts sounded good so i made blts with avocado and brioche bread .....some guys put turkey on theres i love some blts . then as a special treat one of the cooks good friend of mine hooked up some bean stew with shrimp and ham and made it spicy mmmm mm mmmmm mm mmmmmmm mm was deeeeeelish :cool: now i sit and eat chef boyardee from a can that i cut the top open with a knife because i gave my can opener to the houseless guy who lives on my back porch cause he needed it and hes asleep so i didnt want to wake him :biggrin:

Saturday:

early am: bagel and cream cheese that our event captain brought to job site

late afternoon: pizza from pizzas ordered to feed the crew

evening: stuff from the buffet dinner: here's the menu. It was delish.

Grilled summer veggies with walnut gorgonzola butter

Roasted corn on the cob

Oven roasted herbed potatoes

Red cabbage slaw

Deep fried turkey with cinnamon apple chutney

Grilled marinated flank steak (this seriously rocked)

Yesterday:

Wine event for a distributor. It was a tasting with heavy "snacks". These are my kind of snacks.

Assorted sausages (fav was chicken/pesto)

Pates

Breads and crackers

Proscuitto, capicola and Genoa salami

Cheeses: Cabrales, Jarlsberg, Wisconsin cheddar and Pepato

Cheese torta

Brie in puff with almonds and dried cherries

Tortellini in lemon oregano sauce

Bowtie with wild mushroom ragout

Penne with grilled chicken in rosa marina

Finger pastries

Was not at all hungry when I got home. Got to taste some yummy wines, too. :biggrin:

Today, I have off. :smile:

:biggrin: what up kids yes indeedy that food sounds great laurie . wish i did more catering gigs but im sticking to mostly restaurants right now . the other day i made some pasta with tomatoes and garlic and parm cheese was soooooo good .

today being my day off i cooked out made some bbq ribs and pork chops and chicken got drunk and acted the fool whoooooo hooooooooooo just being herenow back to hell tomarrow . till then .

As I mentioned, off on Monday. Made Mediterranean tomato sauce and pasta for dinner.

Tuesday at work, leftover pasta. Duh, Tuesday night at home had pasta with pesto and a nice bottle of wine.

Today at work, "look more pasta". Caesar salad for dinner.

Tomorrow is all-staff orientation and we're feeding everyone, so we'll see what that brings.

Will be in early tomorrow, as I learned at 4:45pm today we are to feed the Presidential Press Corps on Saturday, and I need to write the menu. :wacko::raz:

Laurie

Today there were two Free Range chicken breasts left over. Too few to run as a special so I got one and the evening manager had one. Served with a lovely sliced heirloom tomatoes on the side, drizzled with good olive oil and sea salt and nothing more. It was delicious! :wub:

Staff meal today was good too - I had one bite 'cuz it looked so appetizing. Tuna Noodle casserole made with penne pasta, good tuna chunks, really good cheeses and lots of fresh mushrooms. Good crunchy cheese crust on top. Yum!

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!