• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ninja Speedi (full meal cooker).

Anna N

Getting wings down!  From frozen, 22 minutes total, flip with 10 minutes to go, BBQ sauce for the last two minutes.  Steam crisp at 450F.  I had the rack at the high position for the past cooks but realized the manual wanted it in the lower position.  So that's what this one was.

speedi-wings-4.jpg.2fa3c291d0c5131bc611bae2113ba6e7.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Mark

My eG Food Blog

www.markiscooking.com

My NEW Ribs site: BlasphemyRibs.com

My NEWER laser stuff site: Lightmade Designs

Orange chicken, cooked on normal air fryer mode.  I cooked the rice earlier in the day.  Finally have the water to rice ratio where I like it:  1.25 parts of water to 1 part of rice (by volume), 15 minutes on steam.

speedi-orange-chicken.jpg.6720c5b70d59bbe36b5e68e47f53b5ac.jpg

And today Costco had the Speedi for just $99.

Edited by mgaretz (log)
  • Like 3

Mark

My eG Food Blog

www.markiscooking.com

I really appreciate you posting your meals when you use the Ninja Speedi but I'm still anxious to see if anybody is using it to create a whole meal – – protein, carb and vegetable. I've watched dozens of YouTube videos but I'm a sceptic at heart where these are concerned.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Coked my steelhead in the Speedi (air fryer method).  Brushed on some SoyVay 

glaze and it was the best I've ever made.  Slight undercooked, as always, it was very moist and delicious.  Served with sticky rice and air fryer asparagus.

Edited by lindag
corrected spelling errors (log)

26 minutes ago, lindag said:

Coked my steelhead in the Speedo (air fryer method).  Brushed on some SoVay 

glaze and it was the best I've ever made.  Slight undercooked, as always, it was very moist and delicious.  Served with sticky rice and air fryer asparagus.

Now I have an image of you bustling about the kitchen in a tiny swimsuit! 

• Haha 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay @Anna N, here is a "full meal" done in the Speedi all at once:  Combo of Panko and Coconut breaded frozen shrimp, egg noodles and frozen peas.  15 minutes at 350F on the Speedi Meals setting.  Next time I will probably use less time as the shrimp was a tad too brown and the tops of some of the noodles were crunchy (but we kind of liked that!).  There was excess water that needed to be drained off the noodles, not sure if that's normal or not.

speedi-shrimp-pasta.jpg.95f80edc7a2dd819c3b6cea297c09d22.jpg

• Like 1
  • Delicious 1

Mark

My eG Food Blog

www.markiscooking.com