• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

staff meal

get in my belly

Today was a taste everything I can day. I made fett alfrado for a guest, had to taste it. i messed up a scamp (i forgot, no boursin cheese), pulled off the cheese and had to taste the noodles that came w/ it. they changed the recipe on the creamed maple corn, yup, had to taste it. i liked the old on better, as did the old school dish dawg Mr. Watson whom i fully respect his opinion on Southern food. Oh, i also had my staple of gumbo and taters. I LOVE BEING A SAUTE CHEF!!

Thursday I make the special. I am thinking jerk marinated (what ever they give me) fish served over steamed basmati rice acompnied by sundried tomatoes, pineapple slices, and one more ingrediant yet-to-be determined. All this tossed in an orange roasted garlic butter sauce w/ rosemary. I love living in N.E. Florida, not quite FL, not quite The South. Carabien food and Southern food, done right, can work so well together.

Sorry, sorry. I am rambling. I will post how it comes out.

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

i love those days fats . saute is my strong point and i love getting it down to a science where your slammed out beyond the weeds yet you can still carry on a heady convo about buddah and how zen is mixed up to much with his teachings . hehehehe . did you say borsin ..... :biggrin: ahhhhhhhhhhh well me and borsin used to be real close the shit you can do with that cheese . good line snak is borsin heated on a piece of bread with sarachi ooooooo yea .

today was watermellon with tobasco and lime and chili powder mmmmmmmmm me and fortino slamed that back then a little sandwich action ham swiss whole grain with this spinich spread thats prittty good . till tonight

tonight was great there was emp meal ready when we got there and it was good stuffed manicotti and this really good mushroom mari sc with lots of evoo and parm and some french bread mmmmmm tasty then someone brought out the koolaid (grape)and hooked that up was good medium on the surgar were always fighting bout getto aid or tangy water ya know the nver ending battle . i saved half mine till later and im glad i did i was sooo hungry heated it up and all the dishers were like que pasa yo es hungry too benito yo quero commida how do you explain i saved my meal from earlier to a hungry guy who doesnt speak english , right . so i just lifted up my apron and said chupa cabron . yo quero huavos e charizo for you hehehehehhe he always gets a kick outa that .now im going to have some jug wine that was given to be . its so nasty i wont even cook with it :wacko: but mix it with sprite , i know im a wino :biggrin:

that sounds good im in search of the best nacho in the world right now maybe ill have to try that some time .

today was hectic so only a quick BLT shoved down in two bites as i gasp for air and pray i dont choke on the crust then a diet soda ....... i know i just dont like all that sugar is all . till tonight

alright kids i walk in and its already busy as per usual on fridays and everyones scattered , good little worker bees produce , and im greated with this pasta , again . :hmmm: oh kay . pasta , now im not complaining about free food dont get me wrong but no one ate it . why waste the product really , if its not going to be eatin then why bother ya know any way i didnt eat it we , really ,we all stood over it and just poked at it for awhile . its not alive orrrrrr dead do we eat it poke poke poke no id rather cough up a flem ball and chew on it like a cow does its cud . :raz:

sooooo i made line snax all night little bits of mots and tomatos folded like a taco with a little salt mmmmmm then there was the over cooked cheese from this cheese plate we had all goooy and good yum and then juan good ol juan what a rat bastard some times but he pulls through with the good snax hey puto, what up juan , got some feeeesh and chips way , oh ya so i slammed little bits of fish and tarter they changed the recipie its better . then we had bean soup so i had chips and beans with sour cream yum . was tooo busy to really get some goodies but tomarrow.......is .......another day . :wink::smile::cool: a dios

Sushi fridays at the RCBC. I ate tons of sushi scraps. I have a new pervertion....sushi dipped in medium wing sauce. Crazy but i like it.

I had some chocolate anglefood cake-like scraps. And got to taste the steak special. Oh, and my mashers as always. Yea, i fixed the new creamed corn recipie. Tired of corn now though...LOL

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

I have a new pervertion....sushi dipped in medium wing sauce. Crazy but i like it.

[/quot]

:wacko: Sick and Wrong! :wacko:

Edited by TJHarris (log)

Tobin

It is all about respect; for the ingredient, for the process, for each other, for the profession.

ya know it does sound interesting im going to have to try it . i could see it .......like the guy i used to serve whos favorite ketchup and vanilla ice cream was repulsive ............ but sushi and hot vinegar not so bad . ill get some grocery store sushi and try it . :biggrin:

today i didnt eat . 1 beer i worked all day and didnt have any time i was so busy . oh yea a piece of carrot cake . that was tasty :smile: till tomarrow :cool:

Came in the morning to set up the line before everybody else comes in, put out a baby shower party during this, served them chicken picatta with primaver veg in pesto, and parmesean potatoes. The server who did the party snuck some of the guest's chocolate cake, I am a freak for all things chocolate, and I ate that. At 3:30, when I usually take my break, I grabbed a plate of chicken, veg, potatoes, headed up to the bar. Watched the cubs beat the marlins while eating my lunch. Then at 4 went back into the kitchen before the doors open at 5. Not bad.

TJ, I'm from the south. We will try anything w/ hot sauce pretty much. And fried for that matter. Think about it, Siracha is basiclly the same concept just thicker.

mmmmm.......there ain't to much Siracha don't make better.

Like you Belly, I didn't eat really. Well mashers as always. My pregnant girlfriend woke me up before I had to go to work and had to have BBQ... Probly the quickest I have gotten ready in a while. It was good.

I did smuggle home a chocolate angelfood cake-like dessert w/ a chocolate gonche(sp) W/ haselnut liquour. We affectionatly called it a Moon Pie.

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

yes all , sundays suk , for this brotha any way . :biggrin::cool: was so busy forgot to eat in the am . found a diet soda in my hand dont remember getting it but there it was . pm was a disaster just crazy from all ends found myself shoving bits of anything in my mouth ya know i was getting a headache i was so hungry :huh::unsure::wacko::blink: then i had enough i made some cix strips with saracha butter and vineger with tossed on em they were the bomb . and it wasnt just me being hungry all else on the line who made this :biggrin: ( i could have eaten dried dog doo and been happy) dipped them in some parm cheese dressing was the bomb but i need some real food badly . tomarrow i will eat :biggrin: mmmmmmmm saracha :biggrin: ps i want some of that cake fats hazle nuts chocolate , right , nothin better , welllllllll ................ well you know :biggrin:

so Belly you feal me on the siracha(sp)/ saracha. ever so yummy???? Yo legusta salsa calienta (agin sp) oriental. Sorry, i get sundays off. go team. i am drunk.

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

Sunday: Swedish meatballs with house-made cucumber pickle and mashed potato; entrecote de boeuf with cassoulet; cocktail onions(!?)

Forget the house, forget the children. I want custody of the red and access to the port once a month.

KEVIN CHILDS.

Doesn't play well with others.

Lunch on Tuesday - Shrimp fried rice and fried scallops. Thai chili sauce optional.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

today i swear i was in a walking dream i was so worn out and i never really woke up . life seemed surealistic and distant . wow who needs drugs when you got sleep dep . am i had a bowl of goulash with cheddar cheese and a piece of whole grain bread . mmmmmmm :biggrin: pm i was starvin and i made myself a burger with shrooms and provo cheese :biggrin: on a piece of breoche -sp was good but i had to jam it down befor the gastapo cought me . till thursday :raz:

Cool link Belly.

Crab penne alfrado I had to make special for a guest, made a 'lil extra. Oh, Monday I had this really good prime rib chilli that I ended up taking home and eating w/ my corn dogs.

Edited by LJFATS (log)

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

thanx fats i didnt know about indian larry r.i.p he will be missed . :shock::huh::unsure::sad:

today was a big salad with tuna and harry coverts and egg and potatos and creamy dressing of some sort and red pepers was very good and well needed i was starvin oh and two diet cokes :cool: for desert a brownie mmmmmmmmmm :wub:

got fired today ....... then rehired a minute later what a funny day . had a bowl of goulash with cheddar cheese bites of omelets some fresh orange juice some chips some chik salad some tuna salad and some chic noodle soup its the bomb fresh big noodles oh yea just like my mother used to make . :wub: and a big measuring cup of ice water :biggrin: till later :raz:

fats i want some of those smoked gouda grits i woked at a soul low country spot for 2.5 years and i miss the white cheddar grits alot . they were the good stone ground grits too from the oldest grit grinder in the us. :cool:

thats funny fats i had the same day today . i just unconciously ate and never really anything in peticular . little of this and that . we had a promo today so it was slammed all day even whan i left it was still busy . never had the chance to eat . -belly