• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

staff meal

get in my belly

tonight i wasnt too hungry it was deffenetly a nibble night :biggrin: juan the rat bastard kept tellin me what he ate on his days off hey ese, yeah juan , guess what i ate :raz: uhhhhhhhhh duck confit stuffed pork chop with bacon mashed greens and borsin cheese butter to finish . que que que nothin juan. tell me.chicken mole with beens and homeaid tortillas . :hmmm::hmmm: oh and a tecate . :hmmm::sad: really . hey juan i hate you :biggrin: yo savase ese . well till tomarrow :wink::biggrin::cool:

you guys are gunna love this :biggrin: am i had chocolate dipped chips mmmmmmmm sweet and salty then some cookies and they made some fresh stolens for the holydays it was soooo good he put marzipan in the middle of them they were a treat with a big hot cup of pumpkin pie spice coffee then lunch was some more of my goulash not to get a big head but that soup was the bomb specially after it sat over night .

pm one of the guys made mexican style pizzas i put pina and hamon on mine others did there own thing munched all night on bits of fillet and chunks of this and that then later for after the rush munchies more pizzas damn good food day even munched a piece of pumpkin pie cheese cake and some one wanted bananas foster but no bananas could be found so i just reduced down a bunch of liquer and rum and added some carmel they frickin loved it well sipin a diet cherry coke and gettin ready to eat some chicken tacos left overs till tomarrow just GIMB. :biggrin::laugh:

stressfull day. I woke up at 10:09, I was supose to be at job 1 at 10 am. I had pulled pork w/ Cattlemans yellow bbq sauce and tasted the mashers I made.

job 2 . shrimp and steak w/ fake boursin cheese. and more mashers...........I AM SO SICK OF THE PURRED FORM OF POTATO. call my chef and tell him to change the menu.

(about to vent) Do you know what I cook at home instead of mashed p's? grits, fries(crinkled or tater tots). hell I made quinoa the other night. sorry. just tired of mashed anything.

For desert I am having Busch. " beer. the cause and solution to all mans problems.", Homer.

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

am was little bits of omlet that fell off made into a sandwich then for lunch had some curried cix salad on chips and a glass of milk then a little piece of cake

pm was tacos again we all piched in and bought carnitas and juan made guac and salsa rojo it was the bomb he also brought in some tortillas for chips and roasted some onions mmmmmm mmmmm mm m we all sat down and it was splendid :biggrin: ps a carona would have made my week. :raz:

I made stroggenoff(sp) w/ redwine, demi, and sour cream for me and my preggo g-friend b4 I left work. I was told it was yummy. I thought so too.

sunday is a day off. parents are making corned beef in the slow cooker. I gotta come over and do the starch, sauce, and veg (sour kraut) (actually may do a fresh veg for my preggo lady).

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

ohhhh what a crappy day :hmmm: i tasted a little bitter and alot salty and i even pissed myself off :biggrin: i shoved a sausage and wheat toast sandwich down my throught and dipped it in egg yolk that was an egg that was supposed to be scrambled geeeeeeeeez i still have tonight to go through ......swell :laugh: till tonight

I got shuffled around today on swing shift.

On the line a couple fo us would make an extra chunk of pork belly now and again and we'd split that. The official staff meal was pork ribs and mashed potatoes.

Then I got rotated over to pastry for the first time and had a grand time sampling the entire menu :) Sugar overload never felt better. A big cup o' coffee topped it all off. Yum. Sign me up anytime, chef!

Devin

I can't believe I've missed this thread until now. This is one of the funnest threads on the site!

GIMB, I love that you give the link to Huyfong brand Sriracha sauce as your sig. I really like that stuff too, though overall, I prefer Sambal Oelek (the one without the shrimp paste in it). Have you tried Sambal Oelek?

Michael aka "Pan"

Duh, turkey!!! Although me and my new compadres feasted on veal scallopini and corn. Interesting combination I know, but the new restaurant I am with makes staff meal everyday for about 20-30 so the chef has to be creative and frugal at the same time.

"He could blanch anything in the fryolator and finish it in the microwave or under the salamander. Talented guy."

what up er body :biggrin: man turkey day was great ! I call it food day as well :smile: all the fixins and sence i was invited to a friends family gathering i got some cool new or derves (i know its not spelled right :cool: ) this big cheese ball thing with passtrami , something called garbage dip , this taco dip thing this cheese dip with sausage and jalipinos this pickle chipped beef and cream cheese thing was all good . i truly love pot lucks especially the church ones where grandma so and so and aunt so and so have been battling for the best pie recagnition for decades :biggrin: and of course all the traditional stuff i was a turkey cuttin fool two 20 lb birds wow thats alot of turkey ! so today e meal was just a peice of toast and three cups o caffy !

to Pan what up no i have not tried that type of siracha where do you get it ? what does it look like ?

to chef dog how ya likin the new spot ? change is nice sometimes a rolling stone gathers no moss .

till latters GIMB .

to Pan what up no i have not tried that type of siracha where do you get it ? what does it look like ?

GIMB, nice to see you here again!

Guess what, the kind of Sambal Oelek I get is Huy Fong brand, too! You can have a look here:

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/oelek.htm

Since the picture in the link is a little small, I'll describe the appearance and give you the ingredients list. It's a rich red color, with plenty of chili seeds, and has a nice robust chili-and-vinegar smell. The ingredients: Chili, salt, distilled vinegar, potassium sorbate and potassium bisulfite as preservatives.

I get it in Chinese or Southeast Asian stores. Try it some time.

Michael aka "Pan"

This is one of the funnest threads on the site!

Now that Pan's done it, I will too. I really love this thread, I've been lurking on it since the start... for some reason, it makes me really happy.

Keep it up!

:laugh:

"There is no worse taste in the mouth than chocolate and cigarettes. Second would be tuna and peppermint. I've combined everything, so I know."

--Augusten Burroughs

yeah cool pick lamb nice knife :) even tho im a mac fan now for life .

Yeah, I like that knife pretty well, too. Lambfries is my other half, but we work in different restaurants. The best family meals we tend to have are beef ribs, which we make by cutting the bones off of the prime rib and then adding a little barbecue sauce on the hickory grill. Sometimes we have chicken wings, which are leftovers from the roasted chicken we serve, and we can either roast them with lemon pepper or do them buffalo style. Other times we just have turkey club sandwiches, salsbury steak or something else that's not that remarkable.

But family meal at Lamb's restaurant are really good. I've worked there a couple of nights and there have been great meatloaf sandwiches, or sliced, grilled steak with a fresh mixed-green salad or something of that nature. He should really take more pictures, if he can remember to bring the camera.

well thanx everyone for spreadin the good vibe . much love :biggrin: pan ive had that befor and i love it just as much . :cool: hey fritz :raz::shock::wub: hey tutor ask lamb how to post a pic i want to start posting e meal pics that was a great idea . today was some pasta ? well you know how i felt about that came home and had frozen pizza one of my favs till tomarrow :biggrin::wink::wub:

GIMB, nice to see you here again!

Guess what, the kind of Sambal Oelek I get is Huy Fong brand, too! You can have a look here:

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/oelek.htm

Since the picture in the link is a little small, I'll describe the appearance and give you the ingredients list. It's a rich red color, with plenty of chili seeds, and has a nice robust chili-and-vinegar smell. The ingredients: Chili, salt, distilled vinegar, potassium sorbate and potassium bisulfite as preservatives.

I get it in Chinese or Southeast Asian stores. Try it some time.

Mmmmm... Sambal Oelek is good too. It is not as sweet as the Sriracha, don't you think? It's more savory or garlicky or hot or something. Identifiable chili flakes and seeds in it too.

I've actually found Sambal Oelek at my local Von's grocery store (in Pasadena)... right next to the Sriracha!

raquel

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe -Roy Batty

Mmmmm... Sambal Oelek is good too.  It is not as sweet as the Sriracha, don't you think?  It's more savory or garlicky or hot or something.

More vinegary and maybe more salty. I'd have to do a taste test, and I usually don't have one after the other. But they're both good condiments. :smile:

Michael aka "Pan"

Mmmmm... Sambal Oelek is good too.  It is not as sweet as the Sriracha, don't you think?  It's more savory or garlicky or hot or something.

More vinegary and maybe more salty. I'd have to do a taste test, and I usually don't have one after the other. But they're both good condiments. :smile:

I think you're right. It does seem like it's more salty. I'll have to raid my fridge tomorrow and do a taste test just to be sure!

I didn't realize they were both made by the same company. I should have know given that they are both sporting the same green-colored caps!

raquel

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe -Roy Batty

I didn't realize they were both made by the same company.  I should have know given that they are both sporting the same green-colored caps!

I didn't realize either, until I took my jar of Sambal Oelek out of my refrigerator and looked at the label. :biggrin:

I had the idea it was from Indonesia... :laugh:

Michael aka "Pan"

pizza left over from a party I had to docter up w/ spinich, potabellas, tomatoes, bacon, and parm. overcooked steak dipped in yellow bbq.

Belly, I thought about you on wensday. I made tacos w/ shaved prime rib we use for the french dips. I cooked it w/ chilli powder, s/p, pico, and tortillia soup ( soup of the day that day). some sour cream, shredded lettuce, guacamole, and pepper jack.....mmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by LJFATS (log)

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

:biggrin: hello good people of e gullet :biggrin: today was a usual day . i made myself some eggs with bacon and cheddar all scrambled together and a piece of rye toast . i cook a hell of alot of eggs but hadnt eaten any for awhile i forgot how good they are :biggrin: but eggs are starting to weird me out . little lumps of unborn chickens , well any way . then pm was some pasta it was nasty but i put some saracha on it and you know haow i feel about that :biggrin: till tonight

dr. pepper at my day job.

'last of the ham' sandwich between jobs.

came up w/ the spec. for tues. ( ok, colaberated w/ coworker. but the barley and roasted veg salsa where mine, oh and the gorg. demi): Blue corn crusted (something fish) over wild rice and barley sauted w/ mushrooms and spinich tossed in a gorganzolla demi, topped w/ a roasted vegtable salsa(that name may change). I made one to make sure it was good. who knew gorg. and cilantro where compatible? oh this was at the night job. I had chicken tenders too.

R.I.P.

Johnny Ramone

1948-2004

www.RAMONES.com

I missed staff lunch so I ordered the omelet du jour, which today was sage sausage and Fontina cheese. Small side of frites and a couple of bites of salad too. Very yummy.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol