• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Offal Truth: Part 1

slkinsey

so eatmywords -- any thoughts on our beef brains at that Indonesian place on Friday...? that would seem to be appropo for this thread (I thought it tasted like tofu...not a good thing imo)

Ah yea, Minangasli in Elmhurst. It wasn't bad, slightly lacking in flavor I agree but very edible. Would have been better sliced and pan sauteed (w/a flame of cognac : ) rather than whole and stewed or however they did it. If someone hadn't ordered a side of Jackfruit (which the brains came with) we could have tried more. :hmmm:

That wasn't chicken

I don't know if there was a second one. If you'd like to have one, PM a proposal for a member-organized event to any forum host for this forum (we'll walk you through the process), or just contact people by PM to organize one informally.

Couldn't I just post a "We're meeting at such n'such for Offal Outing 2 on such date, etc" in the ISO Friends thread?[...]

Definitely, as phaelon56 pointed out (except for limits on how far in advance you could post it -- not three months in advance, for example). My only concern is that if you want good attendance, just an ISO post without prior PMs to check on interest and availability might not be adequate. But let's leave off discussing mechanics in this thread and go back to offal, something I've liked for a very long time. I'm going to Lupa again tomorrow, I think (it's still a bit up in the air), perchance to have their wonderful livers cooked in balsamic vinegar again.

Michael aka "Pan"

I don't know if there was a second one. If

Herb, how about coming back this weekend or next or perhaps conspiring with your old cohorts on when a good time w/be?  :cool:

I would love to, but I'm not optimistic that my scheduling and finances will allow me to come up between now and June.

I am glad that La Luncheonette and la Focacceria are not closed,

they were among my own favorites of the tour.

You are welcome to organize Offal Tour, Round Two amongst yourselves.

If it is necessary that I live vicariously through the rest of you, so be it.

Herb aka "herbacidal"

Tom is not my friend.