• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

office food

I have a fridge in my office, so it really lets me stock up. I have a few low cal bottled dressings, for when I eat from the building complex's shared cafeteria. I have three 1/2 bottles of Sparkling Wine, and two bottles of orange label Vueve Cliquot, mini juice boxes, cans of  Diet Coke, REgular Coke, Pelligrino, lemons, limes and right now, Cherries. Also some horseradish mustard , olives, mini candy bars.  In my desk, I have 2 bottles of Ca Cabernet, Johhny Walker Black,  packets of salt,  Twizzlers, pretzels and Vegetable Thins Crackers.  And a case of more VC...when  a client signs a contract on a new home, I give them a bottle.  I give them a cold bottle if they seem the type that will want to open it right away and celebrate..plus I have those plastic tulip glasses.

Wow. Your "office food" is more sophisticated/elaborate/well-planned than my "home food". :) You could throw one hell of a dinner party from within your office.

This thread is an absolute treasure!

Okay, in my desk I always have: bowls of instant Kimchee noodle soup, Pringles, a bottle of Tabasco, and usually some Pocky. :D

It's some funny stuff all right. I was waiting for someone besides me to have pocky in their desk. Right now I have hello kitty pocky, but that replaced the men's pocky that we finished, and the green tea pocky that I tried to like but just don't.

Also a 1/2 bottle of Macallan 12-year (fits nicely in the back of a file drawer).

Also a big ol' bag of generic green tea bags (100 for $2.50 at uwajimaya), some loose genmaicha or bancha, and usually several bananas.

Nothing. Because if I did have anything in there then it would be eaten instantly and I'd again have nothing.

Actually, I've just had a look and have found: tit tax (amusingly shaped sweets), a can of salmon, 8 varieties of tea and a small (50ml) bottle of vodka. I'm trying to remember how it all got there.

Back when I had an Office (OK it was a Cubicle), I always kept Andy's Hot Fries, YooHoo in bottles, and hotsauce. Thank god for my one locking desk drawer, because people were always asking for hot fries, as they were hard to find back then.

Oh can't forget Pixie Stix......gotta have that afternoon sugar fix :biggrin:

when I had an office my drawers would usually be stocked with several kind of sugarless breath mints/gum, low sodium soy sauce, jar of republic of tea plum jam, popcorn (we had a air popper in our office), several kinds of tea, instant oatmeal, equal, muscat or kiwi gummies, wooden chopsticks, bottle of Spa water (which BTW is impossible to find in Philadelphia!) a bag of sugar free chocolate malt balls from the candies store on the corner...I was so different then, equal has not touched my lips in well over a year and the sugar free chocolates ugh!! hmmm funny how life changes.

"sometimes I comb my hair with a fork" Eloise

A pepper grinder, individual packets of Texas Pete, a bottle of soy sauce and those MRE-size bottles of Tabasco. Two miniature bottles of olives oil. And Pepcid -- never travel without it.

Kathleen Purvis, food editor, The Charlotte (NC) Observer

• 4 months later...

i just checked my drawers....

1 jar planters dry-roasted peanuts (a large jar - i eat some for breakfast every day)

1 package of saltines (the kind you get with soup)

1 partially eaten odwalla bar

1 packet Numi dry desert lime herbal tea

2 lipton brisk tea packets

1 salt/pepper combo packet; 1 pepper packet

2 packets popeye's hot sauce

1 packet popeye's honey

2 packets soy sauce

wetwipes

most of this stuff came with the desk, strangely enough.

I just installed a mini-mart in my second desk drawer this week after figuring out that the office vending machine selection was never, ever going to change. (The previous vending machine guys also used to give me free stuff when they came in to restock, but now there are new employees. Or am I not as cute as I used to be?)

In any case, I now have a couple varieties of Kinder chocolate, two flavors of butter toffees, two kinds of cookies (chocolate chip and chocolate sandwich), apple granola bars and parmesan-flavored crackers.

I used to have a supervisor who went through a case of warm, Diet Mountain Dew every week. Yuck!

Going back to earlier posts about Chupa Chups, BEST LOLLIPOPS EVER. I'm especially appreciative of the plastic stick because there's nothing worse than having soggy bits of a paper stick on your lips post-lollipop consumption. In college, I used to keep bundles of Chupa Chups in my backpack and offer them to people during class. Everyone thought I had a bottomless bag of lollipops like some magical candy lady.

*lol*

actually it didn't come with desk itself - it came with the desk organizer. which was already pre-filled. (apparently office supplies are at a premium here so you take what you can get)

i did in fact take anti-bacterial spray stuff to the whole thing, but i figured the condiments and wet wipes could stay.

you think keyboards are gross, try cracking open people's pcs for a living. nasty stuff in them thar machines.....

Edited by tryska (log)

I eat lunch at my desk, so I'm one of Those People with a veritable compost heap strewn in the cracks of their keyboard. I did try to clean my desk when I got here a couple months ago - the bottom file drawer was lined with what looked like flaky pastry crumbs. Did the last employee eat croissants while bent down, hunched over the file drawer? This is an unsolved mystery.

This is getting off-topic, but in grade school, I brought a dried octopus (you know, all flattened in its little plastic sleeve from the Chinese grocery store) to school for show-and-tell and left it in my cubby hole for God knows how long. The smell in the classroom was unbelievable.

i work in a mall.

i spend free time flirting with the girl at the icecream stand and get free samples *LOL* of Gelato.

seriously. I work in a mall and Burger King is 2mins walk away.

IceCream parlor next door. New York Deli CheeseCake on the other side.

What need have I of food in my locker?

Do not expect INTJs to actually care about how you view them. They already know that they are arrogant bastards with a morbid sense of humor. Telling them the obvious accomplishes nothing.