• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The last bottle in the fridge

MatthewB

Given the hot weather, I thought this might be an interesting thread.

What was the last beer in your fridge & when did you drink it?

Corona Light leftover from last summer. (Who the hell brought that over? :wacko: ) 24 June @ 10:30 PM.

Tasting note: I hope never to drink one of these again.

PBR. I drank it last night at 8:30 before I collapsed into a stuporous heat-and-finals-week-induced sleep.

It was hiding behind the milk.

But it was in a can. So I don't know if it counts.

EDIT to say: dude, you keep beers around for a whole year?

Edited by NeroW (log)

Noise is music. All else is food.

dude, you keep beers around for a whole year?

Nope. But it was so hot last night that I really wanted a beer & I didn't feel like running out. So I dug around & *that* showed up. :blink:

(I don't drink beer in winter either, so that was a factor.)

So, I'll pick up some Red Stripe later today. :biggrin:

Usually, it is Sam Adams light. It is always hiding behind the block of Parmagiano.

But, for me it is 3 bottles of half consumed white wine, varying in quality. You know, open a crappy bottle for cooking ($6) and open a good bottle for drinking. Lose interest in both, until I am rooting around looking for something cool and alcoholic.

Right now, we have a few bottles of Hacker Pschoor and Bohemian left over from teh weekend. I give them another day.

just last week, i ran out of beer. *shutter*

i had 2 bottles of home brew in the back for the last 5 years or so. i'd been saving them for some sort of special occasion, although one never came. since my friend was over, and he likes beer, i figured i'd crack them open. both were belgian style white beers, from 2 different batches. the first one was spot on. it held up all those years. the second one was a bit nasty however.

it was fun finally opening them. now there's a little more room in the fridge.

I rooted around behind the lemonade and found three Beer Ghosts of Parties Past:

1)Cugino

2)Stella Artois

3) Pilsner Urquell...this last being, IMHO, the only really good one on the list. But they'll all get drunk eventually.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

The concept of not knowing exactly how many ounces of which sorts of alcohol are in my home at any given moment is completely foreign to me.

Without looking, i know there's one bottle of a local microbrew and five bottles of some off-brand red lager in the fridge. I also know there's no whisky of any brand whatsoever, and no amount of anything else save a half-plastic-airline-serving bottle of Cuervo leftover from a Christmas stocking.

Marsha Lynch aka "zilla369"

Has anyone ever actually seen a bandit making out?

Uh-huh: just as I thought. Stereotyping.

A six pack of Pilsner Urquell, 3 of which were consumed at the China 46 dinner, the other 3 were drank at the Liberty Bell BBQ contest in Philly last weekend.

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

Last year, someone actually brought over a six pack of Shaefer in cans. I am making sure inventory is always high enough that I'll NEVER have to dig in to the Shaefer.

"These pretzels are making me thirsty." --Kramer

I've got my favourite Alaskan Amber, one remaining bottle, in the far corner of the fridge from my last trip to the Sitka homestead. Not sure why I'm saving it but I just can't bring myself to drink it!

Labatt's Blue was left over from a recent afterhours party on my patio, I drank it with gusto last night at 9:45 p.m. It was really cold. It tasted sooooo good! :smile:

Hey this happened to us just last week, too. And it never does.

Stripping paint from kitchen cabinet doors, outdoors. Unexpectedly effingly hot. Afternoon wore on, surprise extra paint layers imprisoned beneath varnish apparently made to withstand nuclear annihilation revealed selves. Nearly brought the most noxious paint stripper available to its knees.

And us, too. Hot. Hot! Disgruntled. Slight fume-induced disorientation.

Thirsty.

Pretty sure we were out of beer, guests drank it the night before.

Thought I'd look anyways.

No!

I mean, yes! Two lovely bottles of very cold Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. So we split the one, and then split the other. Aaah. Never EVER tasted so good.

Next time, it's straight to dip-n-strip.

Priscilla

Writer, cook, & c. ●  Twitter

Isn't it funny the best beer is not always the best beer?

The last beer in my fridge was a Miller High Life. The Champagne of bottled beer. After work, it was the best.

Firefly Restaurant

Washington, DC

Not the body of a man from earth, not the face of the one you love

Wow -- you guys (most of you, at any rate) and/or your friends really drink crap beer. Anyone who brings me a "gift" of American lager gets thrown out -- ass first.

In my fridge right now there are 2 bottles of Young's chocolate stout and 3 bottles of Abbot Ale. Good reason as any to leave work right now!

Keep it coming, folks.

My intent with this thread was to start a summer-long thread that focuses on the situation/experience of digging around to find & drink that *last* beer in the fridge.

But if you want to use this thread to brag about your beer stock, feel free. (Just be prepared for numerous & various Uma interventions. :biggrin: )

But if you want to use this thread to brag about your beer stock, feel free.  (Just be prepared for numerous & various Uma interventions.  :biggrin: )

You've got Uma in your refrigerator?

I'm hollywood and I approve this message.

But if you want to use this thread to brag about your beer stock, feel free.  (Just be prepared for numerous & various Uma interventions. :biggrin: )

Naw.

But the window unit air conditioner went in the bedroom last night.

The bedroom is now at 64 degrees. :biggrin:

Nippy.

But if you want to use this thread to brag about your beer stock, feel free.  (Just be prepared for numerous & various Uma interventions.   :biggrin: )

Naw.

But the window unit air conditioner went in the bedroom last night.

The bedroom is now at 64 degrees. :biggrin:

Nippy.

Or is it nipply?

:smile:

"There is no worse taste in the mouth than chocolate and cigarettes. Second would be tuna and peppermint. I've combined everything, so I know."

--Augusten Burroughs