• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The last bottle in the fridge

MatthewB

It wasn't in my fridge, but my neighbor just gave me his last can of Old Style, with the Wrigley Field scoreboard on the back. He just left for more beer :laugh: .

That post is a good example of what I have in mind for this thread.

:smile:

Carry on.

I decided to have a look in the fridge we have here at the office:

3 Budweisers with "born on" dates from 2002 and 2 Doc Otis bottles (the local Bud distributer is a client).

And one very lonely Fat Tire.

yikes.

Challah back!

it's summer, how dare you run out of beer! :blink: i almost always have at least a 6 in the fridge. The last beer i drank out of the fridge was a Rare Vos. the last cleaning out the fridge beer i found was an old Steel reserve? that's been there i have not idea how long, cause i sure as hell didn't buy it....drank it though.....what's that wine speak word....cat urine(and not in a good way) :laugh:

Yield to Temptation, It may never come your way again.

--Lazarus Long

I'm still shuddering at the fact I found a couple cans of Old Milwaukee in my fridge last week, left over from a poker night 5 months ago. Even sadder is the fact I drank them because it was so bloody hot outside. I rescued my tastebuds the next night with some Cameron's Auburn Ale and Kawartha Lakes Brewery Raspberry Wheat (both Ontario microbrews -- any other canucks here?). Yum!

3 Budweisers with "born on" dates from 2002 and 2 Doc Otis bottles (the local Bud distributer is a client). 

yikes.

I would kill for a Fat Tire. Can't get it in Michigan. Went to Missouri last week and got my fill. I heard a rumor that New Belgium will not ship thier beer more than 3 states away. Anyone know?

since we bought the downstaris bar a refrigerator we are NEVER out of beer. :biggrin: that said there are a half dozen coronas, two tetley's and two boddington's in the can with the widget, one pacifico, and a bottle each of a riesling and tott's.

Nothing is better than frying in lard.

Nothing.  Do not quote me on this.

Linda Ellerbee

Take Big Bites

Given the hot weather, I thought this might be an interesting thread.

What was the last beer in your fridge & when did you drink it?

I hope there is never a chance for me to have a "last beer" in my fridge. I have a dedicated beer fridge (DBR), and it's stuffed with over 200 bottles; I cant drink them even remotely as quickly as I acquire them.

Last beer I took from that fridge was tonight and it was a Stone IPA, from Stone Brewing co. just north of San Diego. A damn fine IPA.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

• 2 weeks later...
I have a dedicated beer fridge (DBR), and it's stuffed with over 200 bottles; I cant drink them even remotely as quickly as I acquire them.

Holy shit! That's awesome.

If you invited me over, we could clear that bad boy out in a few hours.

:wink:

Noise is music. All else is food.

I would kill for a Fat Tire. Can't get it in Michigan. Went to Missouri last week and got my fill. I heard a rumor that New Belgium will not ship thier beer more than 3 states away. Anyone know?

We get it in Washington. Are we really that much closer than MI? Does WI and IL get it?

Speaking of New Belgian, they have a new summer brew that is like a Belgian Wit. Very nice drinking. Its called Porch Swing or something such.

me? hmm last beer drank: A Deschutes Quail Springs IPA. Drank Sunday night after a long trail ride. yippee-ti-yi-yea! BUT there's one more beer left in my fridge.. ashamedly, I don't recall what it is. But I'd lay money down that it very well could be a Bridgeport IPA. (yes I'm a hophead).

Born Free, Now Expensive

yikes.

I found a Fat Tire hiding in the fridge at my aunt's house in Michigan last week. I'll bet they brought it in from Montana.

I left a Bell's Oberon in its place and then I drank the Fat Tire.

I felt guilty.

Then, a couple days later, I noticed there were several cases of Fat Tire in their basement. Gone was the guilt, and I drank the Oberon.

• 2 weeks later...

Really good question

1 lonely Tsingtao

and

(this one's really bad -- it's not even a beer, exactly)

The flavored malt beverage with the fingerprint on it. Guy in liquor store strong-armed me into it. Said it was made with "alcoholic fruit." I did drink the rest of them, but I haven't been that desperate since -- compulsively keep the fridge stocked.

The level of fluid in the bottle has decreased significantly since I put it there in June.

Queen of Grilled Cheese

NJ, USA

Coinkydink.

I have a lonely Tsingtao also. It's very hot today so it will disappear when I return from my next venture out, even if it's just to get the mail downstairs.

I live near the Pioneer supermarket in Columbus, so I buy singles of whatever piques my interest at the time.

--mh

--mark

Everybody has Problems, but Chemists have Solutions.

It wasn't beer -- it was Smirnoff Ice, bought when my fiance's 20-year-old cousin came to NYC for a visit.

And it's still there.

"All humans are out of their f*cking minds -- every single one of them."

-- Albert Ellis

yikes.

I found a Fat Tire hiding in the fridge at my aunt's house in Michigan last week. I'll bet they brought it in from Montana.

I left a Bell's Oberon in its place and then I drank the Fat Tire.

I felt guilty.

Then, a couple days later, I noticed there were several cases of Fat Tire in their basement. Gone was the guilt, and I drank the Oberon.

I think it is a Mississippi River thing. I heard that anyway when I tried to order it for the store (wrong side of the river apparently in IL). The clown that lives upstairs from the shop supposedly will pay big bucks for it (so he says). Wheaty things make me sneeze so there is always a mess of beer in my fridge. But the other day I tasted something that made me happy, Old Suffolk Vintage Ale. I did not spit and then I sneezed four times. But it was worth it.

over it

There are 5 cans of Old Style in my refrigerator, right now, awaiting Fritz Brenner's arrival tomorrow night.