• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The last bottle in the fridge

MatthewB

There are 5 cans of Old Style in my refrigerator, right now, awaiting Fritz Brenner's arrival tomorrow night.

But what are *you* going to drink then?

Dude, I'm going to drink the other 25 cans that are sitting on the floor outside the fridge in the 30-pack cube.

Fridge crowded! :angry: Just wanted Fritz to have cold beers. :wub:

Noise is music. All else is food.

You need to have a dedicated beer fridge, Nero. We have one straight from the 60's, the ones that you had to take the doors off before you threw them away because they locked when the door was shut. It keeps the beer exceptionally cold.

Dean McCord

VarmintBites

You need to have a dedicated beer fridge, Nero.

Don't worry.

A D.B.F. is on my shortlist of Shit to Buy.

Right up there with toilet paper, milk, and eggs.

No one needs milk.  Cold beer, on the other hand.

On the other hand, it may be all that milk and eggs that are limiting your refrigerator's capacity?

No. It's not milk, and it's not eggs.

Come to think of it, I don't know *what's* in my fridge all the time, but something is, and it usually ain't beer.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a new house last summer, and it came with a second fridge in the basement so I'm never out. Real pain is varying the temperature setting depending on what I've got in there, though.

Anyway, the last 12 pack that I was down to was St. Ambrose Pale Ale that I brought back from my last trip to Montreal a month ago. But I'm having a bunch of people over this weekend so that's been supplemented by 12 Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA's, 6 River Horse Hop Hazards, and 6 River Horse Summer ales.

As for the upstairs fridge, well, it's not really a beer but I do have one of those scary Skyy Blue things rolling around for about. oh, the last 9 months or so. Maybe I can pawn it off on someone Sat...

The last was a can of . . . (drumroll please) . . . Old Style.

That got finished off last night, right before the Smirnoff and Sprite made its appearance. :wacko:

I didn't drink the S & S, but one of my friends drank his in my eGullet mug.