• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Humble Squeeze Bottle

lindag

11 hours ago, haresfur said:

Can't your recycle squeeze bottles of something else from the store?

I've done that but the problem with those from the store is the design of the bottle. They all seem to be designed so that it is impossible to get the last few tablespoons out. I guess they sell more that way. Call me cheap, but it's always irritating to be washing money down the drain.

• 2 weeks later...

I keep two squeeze bottles next to my stove. One with cooking oil, the other with water. As soon as I start heating a pan I squeeze some water in so I can see how hot the pan is.  When I’m done cooking I squirt a little water in to cool the pan down so nothing gets baked on it.

I also have an old school diner maple syrup dispenser there filled with olive oil. 

• Like 2